Keen as mustard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Greetings all. Following a 10-year break from road / adventure bikes, I have taken the plunge…!

Having previously owned an older R1200GS (smooth yawn…) when on a work stint in the UK, I had to offload it before returning back to SA. Judging the traffic, standard of driving and taxi’s, I decided to stick to enduro / hard enduro, where I would be to blame for breakages.

Over time, the hack of loading, driving, offloading, cleaning etc. etc. to “scratch the itch” was becoming tedious. With my son having learned to ride, he too has an itch, which further restricts my time to head into the hills for much needed bush therapy.

I needed I quick fix from the garage, that would enable me to get out and home, fairly quickly. After much deliberation and test riding, I went with the Norden 901.

I figured I would use my plastic for bush whacking and the Norden for blowing out the cobwebs, breakfast runs, touring, gravel roads etc. Nothing hectic.

Well, scope creep has set in, and I find myself searching for dirt and hammering it the get the adrenaline going. Perhaps the KTM adventure R would have been the better choice, but I’m in it know…

So another money pit has begun on this new adventure, but look forward to meeting the adventure biking community. If the enduro boys are anything to go by, it should be a lot of fun..!

The formalities, I am soon to be 40, live in Joburg, work in industrial construction, enjoy the outdoors (hunting, fishing, 4x4, camping etc.).

Just need to work on re-balancing the work life in-balance.

Leka, see you out there. Peter