• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

LF: XT 660R Screen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquirrelHunter

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Hi dogs

Short version, looking for an XT 660R screen. Preferably the same one in the pics.

Given covid and being informed last week that I am being retrenched for a second time this year, funds are a tad tight.

Katana and I went for a ride today, turned off Plattekloof road onto the N7 and then right onto the grass between the on-ramp and the N7. Practising a few figure of 8's, slow riding etc. Then trying to slide the back out on acceleration, I locked the back wheel, ass started sliding right and decided to try save it. Let go the back brakes and before I could do anything, the wheel found traction and high sided me. Went over the handle bars, landed on the back of my head and left shoulder.

Broke the screen, twisted the forks in the triple clamp (though somewhat straightened them there) and bent the brake lever. I can live with the brake for now.

I am Rather tender but don't think anything is broken. Really miffed about the screen as it is the perfect height and shape for my hight.

All in all, the XT crashes well.

If anyone has a screen laying around, please let me know (if it's not to expensive) otherwise I am going to see if I can mould one out of Perspex.

TIA

1042889182e670cdb88b0fe173bab081.jpg
301606a04227145a4db7dacb11b85ed3.jpg
334bbecd553316cbff7286999a6a1ba9.jpg

Sent from the Death Star -Tapatalk

Latest posts