Mitas E-07 Tubeless Front

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donaldbr

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Has anyone had issues with the Mitas E-07 Tyre

I have the rear on my Super Tenere, and the Mitas E-10 on front, which I am enjoying the setup.

However, a friend of mine has the E-07 on front and back.

His bike is on low mileage, around 3000km, and the tires were changed at around 1000km from standard, which gave no issues. The front on one occasion, was flat in his garage, and he removed it, took it to the local dealer who inspected it and found no problems, and so was inflated and reinstalled.

This past Monday, about two months after the above, travelling on tar at about 110km, the tyre deflated and he lost control, fortunately he has no serious injuries, and the bike survived well, but cosmetic damage.

There are not signs of why the tyre deflated, (like a blow out, but no blow out signs). It is as if the tyre lost its seal with the rim.

Has anyone else experienced issues with these tyres, or have any explanations on this. This is giving us a serious concern on safety, and are even considering fitting tubes.