Nav Tower - Advice Needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantMcD1

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi all,

I’m hoping I can draw on some of the WD experience here and get some advice and direction.

Firstly some background as to what I want to do with the bike: I bought the bike with the intention of doing Rally’s and harder adventure tours as well as the “Specialized Namibia” tour which has caught my eye on the forum. All of which I will do GPS based - I have no desire to use or learn how to use a road book.

With this in mind  I’ve recently got myself a bike with a rally kit on it. The issue is the navigation tower is set up with an iPad and a computer which isn’t ideal for rally events as the iPad is hard to read in the sun and is prone to getting broken when I inevitably go over the bars. As such I need to change the set up. The bike does have a trail tech voyager on it which has the ability to load GPX tracks though I’m not sure if this will suffice for what I want to do or will I need more kit?

So my first question to you guys is:

What do you suggest my set up should be to fit my needs? Keep in mind I would like to keep it simple and user friendly.

And secondly who is the best person to contact (in Johannesburg) to do the modification and new wiring done? Bearing in mind that the current set up and wiring is a work of art and very complex and I don’t want to butcher it.

Even if I do keep the current set up for easy riding and just remove the iPad for when I do rallies I will need to get the wiring to the iPad redone as the iPad is telling me there is an issue with the connection with the charger which I have narrowed down to an issue with the connection to the battery.

I have attached photos of the current nav tower as well as the wiring inside the bike to give you an idea of what I’m currently dealing with.

Attachments

• CD536854-C6D0-46EC-A3CF-AD5B75B53D70.jpeg
    CD536854-C6D0-46EC-A3CF-AD5B75B53D70.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 2774DEEB-6D55-4E25-8A05-B16CBC1AC7D6.jpeg
    2774DEEB-6D55-4E25-8A05-B16CBC1AC7D6.jpeg
    83.2 KB · Views: 76