OB1 Race fuel, né?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swakop_toe

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
Way, way back I had an IT490 that I mixed some ratio JetA1 with that I got from a buddy who's dad was on AFB Langebaan.
Daai bike was mal!

Anyway, so I read about OB1 race fuel being manufacture here in Stikland, Slaapstad.
With their mixture ratio as described below one push 95 to 104 octane.

My thoughts are fuel economy increase. Specially at the coast.

Now, I have no idea how much fuel I stand to save, which will be a bonus, with some extra oomph on tap.
So it's more a WTF not?

I run fairly lean already. 12/120 ratio I found is the best compromise between performance and economy on my 1st Edition XT1200.

Mechanically, how does the 104 octane affect oil, lubricity, wear, heat, what else?

I'm more than prepared to do a 1000km/4 tank test as I have 60,000km worth of data toying with many different fuel mixture settings on 93 and 95 octane.

Just worried I might burn hole or seize it?

I also realise this is a popcorn worthy thread, or it could be very interesting.
Let's try.

Aggressive tunes, high boost pressures & 'race files': 5 litre OB1 to 20 litres 95 [1:4] This ratio has been tested to fully support the octane needs of a 104 octane file Vehicles requiring a more moderate octane boost (98 - 100 RON): 5 litre OB1 to 25 litres 95 [1:5]

https://www.ob1fuels.co.za/

Sent from my BlackBerry DTEK60 using Tapatalk Pro.