OWNER OF BANDIT SIGNS COMPLETES 2012 DAKAR RALLY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
After 15 days of grueling racing over roads, courses and sand dunes, Darryl Curtis, owner of Bandit Signs, has completed the Dakar Rally, finishing in 22nd place out of 188 competitors in the biking category, 97 of which completed the race. This was Curtis' first time competing in the race, which sees competitors traveling a 8 300km route through Argentina, Chile and Peru. In addition to the motorcycles, 12 quads, 78 cars and 60 trucks made it to the finishing line of the 33rd Dakar.
Curtis is an experienced rider in South Africa and has been racing professionally for 24 years. He is a two-time winner of the Roof of Africa and several times enduro and off-road South African champion.

'Racing Dakar has been a life long dream for me. From early on, I have watched legends like Kini-gadner, Cox, Peterhansel and Sala race through the deserts of Africa. Having competed professionally for the last 20 years in South Africa and internationally, it was time to live out my dream,' said Curtis.
Contact Details:
BANDIT SIGNS

(+27 11) 462 5520
[email protected]
https://www.banditsigns.co.za

Wonder if Darryl is a Wild Dog? Congratulations in any way Darryl  :thumleft:

Attachments

• 3598770557.jpg
    3598770557.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 352