PLEASE be careful out there, far too many bikers down recently.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-9

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
PLEASE be careful out there, far too many bikers down recently.  And we bikers are not always innocent.

I had very, very close call going up field’s hill, Wednesday morning, a very close bike accident.  Which would have ended in death and a criminal record for the innocent party?

I was doing about 100kms at the top of field’s hill (flat and straight), my lights and fog lights on, partly cloudy. Traffic fairly heavy, in both lanes.  Road two lanes, but fairly narrow.

A motor bike was travelling in the left lane directly but close behind a 6-10ton truck.

I was in my Audi in the right lane; the right lane was going a bit faster than the left lane.

As I started passing the truck, I caught the rider shift his weight, no head turn just a shift of weight. I instinctively pulled the car to the right as far as I could go, almost touching the barrier on the right.

The bike turned into my lane, no indicator, head straight ahead, he just turned from behind the middle of the truck (so no indication of even wanting to pass), he just turned.

My left light and his number plate almost touched.  If I did not turn and slow down, if we touched he would have been bumped directly under the trucks wheels.

If I was not a rider, his shifting weight would have gone unnoticed and I would have killed a biker.

I don’t even think he saw me, as he carried on as if nothing had happened.

Let’s all be more aware of our surroundings.  And watch out for the idiots out there.