Proesstraat Pretoria to CT on 22-23/11/19 - Need small stuff moved?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ri

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
I'm in the unenviable position of having had to cancel a comfortable 2-hour flight ticket, to drive a car down from Pretoria to Cape Town. I'm looking forward to this trip as much as a Dog looks forward to a prostrate exam. I hate the N1 due to trucks and other road users, and this isn't my own car which I'd happily drive RTW.

I thought about making a weekend of it and driving down at leisure, but the car's owner is in a bit of financial distress, and can't provide much assistance. My manager also kindly told me to suck it; if I throw away their air ticket they're not contributing to my fuel :xxbah:

The plan is to leave Pretoria or Johannesburg, or wherever I fetch the car, hopefully at about 11:00 latest, and drive to Colesberg, which God willing I should reach by 8pm latest. From there I want to head over Graaff-Reinet to Oudtshoorn and home on the R62.

SO: if you need anything smallish delivered anywhere along my route, welcome to send it along. I'll be in Joburg from Saturday 16/11 so you have a week to get it to me. I'll be driving a Suzuki Swift; nothing too big or heavy please.

If you're along the route and want to meet for a cup of coffee and a chat, that would be very cool; I enjoy meeting Dogs.

And if you live in the Colesberg area and willing to take in a smallish friendly Dog for the night (no need to feed or water) I would be most grateful. Like I said, I enjoy meeting Dogs.

You can PM or email me - details on my profile.

And yes, I'll be smaller than you thought. :biggrin:  Probably a bit weirder too ::)