Pta --> Bots --> Zim --> Pta

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Although this thread may be a little unnecessary (since we leave today) I'm so excited that I just HAD to post!  O0

Hondsekierie and I decided on Sat to do a little trippie....  We picked Bots and Zim (with the main intention of Vic Falls and Lake Kariba) and we have from today until next Sunday to get there and back.  :biggrin:

In a week we managed to pull together our documentation, get a few tit bits of information and I got myself a luggage plate, a new rear tyre and heated grips (I know, I know - I'm a girl, what can I say?!?!)  :p

We have been warned (alot) that we haven't done enough preparation (because we had 5 days) and it is Africa, so we have decided to plot our way points on main roads and then see when we get to particular destinations what the locals say about bike tripping.

The basic idea is Pta - EllisRas - Nata - Kasane - Vic Falls - Ferry to Kariba - and then home is a bit of a toss up, but probably Harare, Bulawayo, Pta!

We can't WAIT to get outta dodgeville!  Hopefully we'll pull together a cool RR when we get back!  :thumleft:

Packed and ready to roll.......

Pretoria-20110630-00507.jpg