Ride to Kleinkrans searching for Dirk's sister's friend's poodle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassiebotha

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLX 400SR
https://www.cassierides.co.za/ridetokleinkranssearchingfordirk%27ssister%27spoodle.html

This is George and today it's sunday. Today we decide to make an adventure to go and search for Dirk's sister's friend's missing Poodle. Some say the poodle was spotted at Klein Krans beach. Some say the poodle took a swim at Wilderness
beach, and some say that the poodle just appeared out of the thin air into the middle of the road and a kar wag also said that the poodle spoke to him. Some say that a missing poodle is like a missing mother!. So we went to investigate

So we decided to make a breakfast run while we searching for the poodle. I arrived at Dirk's friend Johann's house where his bike was left behind since our last trip. Today is a very warm day and it's just bergwinde waaing all the time, just
bergwinde.

We had one problem that we don't know where the poodle might have wondered off to. See Dirk's sister lives almost in the CBD (Cacste Badste Deel) of George. So the place to start searching for the poodle is going to the nearest beach and
that will be Victoria Bay, but we decided to skip Vicbay and went straight to Klein Krans. If any dogs will wonder off they will definately go to Klein Krans. Well I had that vision!!!!

IMG_235.jpg

Here Johann is showing us his dik agterwiel. Well i've bewondered that dik thing!

IMG_236.jpg

Here Dirk is ready for the big soektog na die poodle

So after a lot of koeitjies and kalfies kuiering me and Dirk set of from Johann's house and entered York Street. We rode the back roads and entered the saasveld road and went straight to Wilderness to have some early coffee and to discuss our plan of action. So while I ride my bike the theory of a poodle wallking 20KM far towards Kleinkrans did not ring a bell to me so I forgot what I thought about and just carry on enjoying the scenery and the lekker warm bergwind

IMG_237.jpg

When we arrived in Wilderness we came across one of Dirk's friends David or Dewald on the "look like a afrikan twin" bike and "i don't know his name" (ananomouys) on the Yamaha that looked and sounded like a Hardley Davidtson. We kuiered a bit and i asked them to wheelie vir ons. So they wheelied and we parked

IMG_238.jpg

So after the lekker amerikano koffee we headed off towards the Lagoons via the gravel road going past hoekwil. Me and dirk stopped at the railway line and had a scientific look to see if a dog might have crossed this line

IMG_239.jpg

While Dirk was looking to see if the dog might appear I started looking if the Poodle might be swimming in the Island Like lagoon!

IMG_240.jpg

IMG_241.jpg

While we were cornering around a corner I saw this possible route for trail riding and where the poodle might have gone. But there was a sign called "P" I only know what P stands for but it's not advisible on this site to mention.

IMG_242.jpg

Here we arrived in Kleinkrans beach and I took some groepfoto. Here Dirk is lookliking a dominee that prays on his bike but he was only looking for the poodle! Well there was no poodle in sight anywhere. While we were riding up and down Dirk's sister phoned him out of extacy and told him that the poodle was at the neighbours the whole time. So that meant that we drove all the way searching for a (not missing poodle) for nothing. SO we decided to selebrate.

We went to the only Restuarant in Wilderness where we felt like kings eating on the Queen Mary 2. The resaurant is so near the beach on a hill that when you look out onto the ocean it feels like if you are on the ocean. My imagination is the restaurant on the Queen Mary 2.

So now i know how a passanger on the Queer Mary 2 must feel

IMG_243.jpg

IMG_244.jpg

The view from the Sails Restaurant in Wilderness
After the lekker celebration lunch pizza I decided to go to bergplaas and see how far I can Trail ride before a warning sign will popup in the middle of nowhere. Berg plaas is a forestry road starting from a side road near Hoekwill and going over the outeniqua mountains ending at the Farm Lovain on the N9

IMG_245.jpg

Here me and Dirk's wires crossed and we went our seperate ways. He went to go for a moerse kuier and I went to Bergplaas searching for the Trail roete of a lifetime

IMG_246.jpg

So singing of joy that I've net yet seen a roadsign preventing me from riding this amazing route my emotions came to a sudden halt

IMG_247.jpg

Now I am gatvol and going home. Rode all the way back past the gravel roads going over the lagoons and on the way I verloored my left flikkerlig. So with that fresh in my head I decided to get some positive energy from the River crossing at Moegoewandel River

IMG_248.jpg

IMG_249.jpg

Now It's time to go home. We had a successful day not finding the dog but we did find almost a dog (dog ran away from it's jogging master and we delivered the labrador to the owner. Good deed done now it was time to call it a day.