• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

*** SOLD 2004 KLR650 for sale SOLD ***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailBlazer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
Howdy all,

I bought this bike for my wife in September last year, thinking that it would be a worthy upgrade (and it very definitely is) from her KLE. Unfortunately, she just cannot gel with the bike, and the result is that it is now on the market.

It used to belong to Dirty Boy (James), and as can be seen from the photos that he placed HERE, that it has been extremely well looked after.

The bike comes with all the goods and extras as per DB's original post, and the price is R25 000 not negotiable. (or maybe just a very little...)

Since I got the bike home, my wife has done perhaps 350km on it, but does not feel comfortable. I kept it in the hope that she would grow to like it. Unfortunately not...  :(

Quote from Dirty Boy's original ad...

The specs

2004 Fugly model. Previous owner had from new and sold to me with 50k km. He used it for commuting to work come rain of shine but never rode dirt. He maintained it well. I knew the gent from work and he sold it to leave for overseas. It was pretty standard when I bought it. Not so much now. Any WD's that have met me and the bike will attest to it being one of the cleanest and non pink plastics, KLR out there.

Current km's : 74200
Doo Hickey and new clutch plates done by DOC KLR. Must have been at about 60k km, will check
Stainless Steel braided brake lines
Barkbuster hand protection.
Custom made crashbars
Steel sump bash plate (really tough) from DOC KLR
Off road front foot pegs
Modified exhaust. It is the original exhaust. the spark arrestor thingy inside rusted and broke off causing hot fumes to come out at an angle and started to melt the plastics. I had the end cut off, removed rusty bits and a stainless tailpiece welded on. It now sounds much better and doesn't have the annoying chirp like the OE exhaust.
Rear panniers frames
2 x Oxford pannier bags with all attaching stretchies and straps and waterproof covers.
Waterproof topbox - small. Similar to a Pelican case
2 x Tool tubes that cant be opened without first unlocking  the top box
Cigarette and USB charging port with waterproof cover (see photo 9)
Reconditioned rear shock with new Heavy Duty spring

Also with sale, all the original parts that I removed to put new bits on. Also a large top box (Pizza delivery type) that I think came with the bike new.

The battery must be about a year old and when not in use its on a intelligent charger.
I have just serviced the bike so new oil, spark plug, oil filter and cleaned the air filter.

I have attached just a few pics shamelessly copied from DB's original post... I am not a very good photographer

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 320
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 323
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 319
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg