• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD 2006 Yamaha TTR 250 SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoopSoosStroop

Race Dog
Reaction score
My TTR 250 is up for sale. Have a few gaps to plug and will probably get an enduro bike next anyway. It's a 2006 model with 13 247 km on the clock. I bough it in 100% original condition with 2172 km in September 2013. Since then I've used it for everything from commuting to enduro to offrroads to rally to some MX.

It's a beautiful little dual purpose bike. Licensed until October 2015.

Cosmetically it is not perfect anymore, with lots or little scratches and bumps (especially on the plastics), but it displays well. Mechanically it is in a brilliant condition, and these motors are bulletproof. Oil has been changed every 1000 km, for the first two changes with Belray Thumper semi synthetic and afterwards with Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T fully synthetic. Valve clearances are still in spec, and will be for a long time. Clutch is 100%, as is compression. TTR 250's are known to give up to 80k km on a top end, and over 30 k km before shimming is needed. Serious (very serious) buyers are welcome to remove valve cover and/or clutch cover to inspect internals. Air filters are top quality and have always been cleaned and oiled with Bel-ray air filer oil after rides (changed them every stage at the Amageza for example). Brakes and all controls are sharp.

This bike has been ridden hard, but has been maintained even harder.

Visit https://ttr250.activeboard.com/  for more info on TTR's and their reliability.

Some specs (in places comparing the TTR with another popular 250, the Tornado, the TTR was build in Japan and not South America, and the build quality difference shows). The TTR was R52k new when Yamaha stopped selling them in SA.

- About 115 kg's dry
- 28 hp
- Electric and kick start (Tornado only has electric).
- Discs front and rear (Tornado drum rear).
- 43 mm Front suspension adjustable for compression, rear for preload, compression and rebound.
- Welded alu swing arm (Tornado extruded steel pipe).

Extra's added:

- Magnetic sump plug.
- Acerbis rally handguards.
- Oil cooler from a SV 650 (adds about 200 ml to oil capacity).
- Pro taper bars.
- Tail bag.
- HD seat foam and custom seat cover with small zip bag.
- Polycarbonate headlight cover.
- Tacho/hour meter.
- Aluminium sump guard.
- DRD slip on exhaust can (from a WR450).
- LED indicator relay.
- Rally foam grips.
- Grab straps.
- Spare clutch and brake lever cable-tied to bike.
- Widened foot pegs.
- 13 t front sprocket.

Tyres (Michelin AC-10's) are still more than good, as are sprockets and brake pads. DID o-ring chain is 2300 km old. This bike is extremely gentle on all wear items due to the low weight and mild power.

DSC_0525_zps3511d1ce.jpg

DSC_0527_zps0e9693d4.jpg

DSC_0528_zpsba55a87a.jpg

DSC_0529_zps6e29894d.jpg

DSC_0532_zps4127de4e.jpg

DSC_0534_zpsa6a1d89e.jpg

DSC_0535_zps1f17ff4d.jpg

DSC_0537_zpsb14e824f.jpg

DSC_0540_zps15e0faee.jpg

DSC_0555_zpsee20339d.jpg

DSC_0554_zps77c6131b.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsd89fef9d.jpg

DSC_0541_zps2240ae49.jpg

DSC_0558_zps4b18c7d9.jpg

DSC_0536_zps19ea32cc.jpg

Other extra's included:

- Original exhaust.
- All original trim; tail piece, reflectors, indicator hangers, grab rail, passenger foot rests, switches etc.
- Two extra Twin Air air filters (with the one one the bike three in total).
- Six washable Filtrex high flow oil filters (all have been used once).
- Original 14 t front sprocket.
- Spark plug.
- Extra generic handlebar switch for indicators, horn and lights.
- Left side mirror.
- Narrow Acerbis handguards.

DSC_0557_zps02a97f3a.jpg

DSC_0556_zps501bd4ce.jpg

Extras included but not pictured:

- 12 V aux socket
- Original seat cover (with one or two small cuts)

Price is R25 000 negotiable.  

Please email me at vandeventer.pieter at outlook dot com

Email gets preference over PM's, I'm not always online but receive emails on my phone.

I'm in Midrand.