• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: 2009 Honda XR250 Tornado for R17 500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Duck

Race Dog
Reaction score
No fixed address...Travelling Southern Africa in a
I bought this bike second hand for my son in December 2009. It had 1685km on the clock...so one could probably say that we've had it from new!

After 11 years with us it has now done a total of 29 574 km.
The original instrument cluster went faulty at 15 211 km.
I replaced it with a new one (R3016 from Honda  :-\) in Sept 2012, which now reads 14 363km...therefore total is 29 574 km.

Apart from accompanying me on holiday rides around SA, Swaziland and Lesotho (see some of my ride reports here on Wild Dogs), this bike has been used by my son to commute to school, varsity and then a little bit of work and back. He did manage to drop it a few times so it has some scratches on the front mudguard, the hand guards and other plastic bits.

I have all service records. The first two services (oil change and valve check) were completed by Honda dealers. Since then I have maintained and serviced this bike myself - I am rather pedantic so I like to know that everything has been done properly before we head off on a trip!

The reason for selling is that my son has emigrated to the UK...and of course has left dad to sell all his stuff  ::)

Two weeks ago my wife and I bused up to Jhb to collect this bike for a little "adventure" together.
I serviced it (oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plug and front brake pads) and then we took took a slow, 5 day meandering trip... with my wife riding our Sym Symphony 150 scooter  8), from Jhb via Potch, Bothaville, Wesselbron, Bultfontein, Bloem, Edenburg, Trompsburg, Philoppolis, Colesberg, Middelburg, Nieu Bethesda, Graaf Reinet, Aberdeen, Willowmore, Uniondale and down Prince Alfred Pass to Knysna  :biggrin:

So I can confidently say that this bike is in perfect running order. The motor is so smooth and quiet - I wish my 990R was so smooth!
During this trip of 1273 km this bike achieved 3.11 L/100km (32.2 km/L) and did not use a drop of oil  :thumleft:

As mentioned this bike is now in Knysna if you'd like to see it. Please reply in a comment below if you're interested.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 375
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 372
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 373
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg