• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

(SOLD) 2012 YZ250(2T) WR (SOLD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machiel

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
I bought this bike new in 2012 and it has been meticulously maintained.  The bike is mechanically 100%.  It is an enduro bike so has some scratches on it from riding rocks.  The bike is registered AND licensed (has a disc).  Paperwork up to date and license paid till 2016.

I was going to do the Sea 2 Ski this year but broke my leg badly in June so will out for a while.  I was prepping this bike for the Sea 2 Ski and the list below is what I’ve done to the bike since the beginning of 2015 and is basically brand new:

WR Gearbox.  Original gearbox included in sale.
Hilton Hayward Suspension Setup (Valves, shims and springs changed and did a full setup).  Original springs included in sale.
New PSP aluminium fork lug cover.
New acerbis hand guards.
New bearings all round and new brake pads.
Fully serviced by Shimwells Yamaha and I only did one ride after that.

Below a list of what I’ve done to the bike since I got it (before 2015):

Side stand
Radiator Braces
Long range tank
Extra heavy flywheel weight
Extra reed block spacer

I also have a Cycra Front disc cover and Hyde frame & swingarm protectors.  They’ve worked a bit and I’m busy getting them shiny again.  They will be included in the sale.

The bike has roughly 200 hours on it.  Shimwells installed a new top and bottom end with a new clutch at around 150 hours.  I will include the old top and bottom end kit as it is basically brand new (Yamaha reliability!).  Basically just needed new rings but I installed a complete kit just to be safe.

Also included in the sale some extras I have:
Complete rear wheel with new rear tyre and tubeless.
Complete front wheel (hub, spokes and rim but needs to be assembled).
Its genuine Yamaha hubs with black aftermarket rims.

I bought the bike new for R68’000 and spend about another R60’000 on it.  I want R48’000 for the bike.

Attachments

• DSC_0435 (1280x906) (1024x725).jpg
    DSC_0435 (1280x906) (1024x725).jpg
    477.9 KB · Views: 351