• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD! Honda XR650L for sale.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tampan

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
2012 Model XR650L with around 13500km on the clock. Please note, this bike has been extensively modded and is nowhere near standard anymore. Here's a list of all the mods:

CRF450R upside down forks and triple clamps. Forks were overhauled by Superfoxi with new springs for a 110kg rider
DBA Buran fairing, screen and twin LED headlights
Renthal bars with risers
Acerbis hand guards
Mark Sutton oil cooler
Aluminum bash plate
Clarke 18 liter long range tank
FULL FMF Powercore 4 exhaust system
Unifilter reusable air filter
Dave's carb mod & de-smogged
XR's only wide foot pegs
Seat Concepts seat
Aluminum rear cargo rack
Sub-frame reinforcing brackets
Small tail/brake light

New sprockets, chain and Michelin T-63 rear tyre fitted about 800km ago. Front tyre is a Michelin Desert Race, done about 2000km, but is still as good as new.
I'm taking the bike in to Honda Wing Central in Bloemfontein for a service and to sort out a minor issue, suspected to a sticky the carb float.
The bike is licensed and will be sold with a fresh RWC.

Please note that I do have all the stock parts that were removed during the CRF450 front end transplant, so the bike's front end can be restored to standard XRL spec again.

The XR runs really well,  t'is very powerful with the FMF pipe and carb mod and uses no oil and. The 450 front forks are a huge improvement over the stock suspension, but the bike is rather tall. I'm 1.81m and I can't get my feet flat on the ground. The Seat Concepts seat is extremely comfortable, making all day riding a breeze. I have never dropped the bike, but the previous owner did add a few scratches. He bought it new and I got it with 3800km on the clock.

Downside:
I still haven't gotten around to make and install the steering stops after I did the front end transplant. I would also have liked to redo the cockpit, where the speedo and ignition is mounted, as well as the brackets that hold the fairing. Nothing wrong with the current setup, but I was thinking of fabricating something resembling a rally tower.

I'm testing the waters here and the only reason is that I'm looking to upgrade to something more pillion friendly and more suited for longer distances. My intention is not to try and recover any of what I invested in this bike, but the mods alone are worth at least R40k.

Price: R50 000.00 - not negotiable.

Please PM or call me if you're interested or for any additional info.
vodacom 33 77 5 77
loodengels at gmail dot com

Attachments

• IMG_2008.JPG
    IMG_2008.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_2009.JPG
    IMG_2009.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 746