• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD Suzuki 2008 DL1000 for sale - R30k - SOLD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeltonsc

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
Howzit Guys,

I have decided I need the space and and some bucks for some other projects.

I have not ridden my Dl1000 much in the last 6 months infact the I have not even started her in 2 months and she is gathering dust, I could rather use the money to close a few holes and finish my boat and KLE.

the bike has just under 290000 km and has every optional extra you would want on a DL1000

She is powerful and pulls like a train, she gets around 15km/l which I am told is normal  :deal:

I have overhauled this engine around 30k ago and she has new timing chains and guides as well as a TL1000R Gearbox and slipper clutch - No Chudder and smooth as silk now

Licensing and paperwork up to date till November this year

Honesty section

I don't ride her anymore because I think she wants to kill me, that slipper clutch is something to get used to, the amount of times I've pulled off at the robots and lifted the front wheel without actually wanting to  >:D

Besides I bought the KLE to get back into proper Adventure riding which I personally think the DL1000 is not made for.

1. She needs a timing chain tensioner the rear one - this is a kak job as you cannot really get in there.
2. She uses about a cup of oil every 5000km she has done this since I bought her in 2014 because the air filter did not have the rubber seal fitted
3. Front brake disks are a little worn so there is some play on the floating section - I personally would not worry about this as it has had the same play since I bought her.
4. She needs a throttle body sync
5. Front tyre needs replacing I have a new tyre but have not fitted yet. in fact I have 2 spare tyres.
6. Chain and sprockets were replaced about 3000km ago
7. Rear tyre is about half worn.
8. Front fork seals needs replacing
9. she needs a oil service along with a new Airfilter
10. She needs a good wash  ::)

Even with these issues I would full her up and ride her to CPT as I have complete trust in the bike.

Will post some pictures/video as soon as I get a home a bit  later today after I start her.

if interested please contact me on 07(two) 0777 884

Thanx Simon

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IxXlhyHeDlM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>