Staffies (Proposed) Road Trip - 21-29 March 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tag along?

• Total voters

Staffie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
So, I have some leave days (21-29 March 24) and want to do a road trip.

I have mapped a route which is just a baseline of the places I would really like to see.
My idea is to do 200-300km a day, depending on how I feel. I am not Kailub Russel or Cody Webb - not by a long shot! I have done some gravel travel but I see myself as a novice. (1) I HATE sand (2) I have NO water crossing experience and (3) with my history (story for another day) I am VERY weary of falls/injuries.

I want to go out, pitch my tent/stay in back-packers and just see as much as possible (affordably) and have fun. I have asked a few mates but it seems no one is really excited about my plans... So I am open to fellow dogs joining on my 'excursion'. I don't bite!

Places I want to see:
  1. Seweweekspoort Pass
  2. Swartberg Pass
  3. Cango caves
  4. Uniondale
  5. R399
  6. Malgas Pont
  7. Tradouw Pass
I know, I know, I know my mapped route is 90% tar but that's because I have never been in those areas and used Google Maps just to get a baseline of where I want to go/what I would like to see.

Any advice, route changes, places to see, or things to do would be really appreciated taking into consideration I am NOT an expert gravel travel rider, but I am willing to learn and 'am always open to new adventures.

The date range is just that a "date range" and I'm flexible between 21-29 March if anyone wants to join???