Suzuki DR 600 Power loss please help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJVR

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda TransAlp XL700V
HI i have a Suzuki DR 600 with a problem i cant get my hand on hope with all the advise i will be able to solve this once for all!

It doesn't depend on the speed I'm driving , sometimes it gives me two bumps ( Rukke) then i loose some power not allot tho but enough that you can feel the difference for instance if i drive 110km/pH it dips me down to 100 for sometimes 100m or sometimes 2km before it just kicks back with two bumps again. to explain the feeling better its is a single cylinder motor with two spark plugs but imagine it was a double cylinder then the feeling is like its running on 1 cylinder then kicks back to both kinda difficult to explain.

It sometimes runs perfect for 50km without a problem and sometimes it happen 5 times in 2kms and sometimes run on a dip for even 10km .

Allot of people say it might be a fuel problem but i still say or the feeling that i have that it is electrical!

I have changed the spark Plugs , put on new suppressors and leads, clean the carb and petrol tank because there was little bit of moisture in.

just to ad on  my regulator was stuffed  and charging up to 22v I replaced it tho and working fine now. what might be the chances of it damaging my coil? or how does the electrical side work where my next problem might be?

ANY HELP PLEASE?