• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Suzuki TS50ER 1979–1983

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I've been trying to find a Suzuki TS50ER for some time now, but have been unsuccessful. I was wondering if anyone knows of someone who may have one. The condition is not important to me, the only requirement is that it has all/most of the parts needed to get running, even if it they are in boxes.

The reason for this specific motorcycle is that my wife's twin brother used to own one while they were in school. Sadly he passed away in an accident when they were 20. Lately she has been talking about his old TS50ER and the memories it brings back for her. This prompted me to start looking for one, but I have been unsuccessful for the better part of 6 months. The closest I have gotten is a TS185ER which is currently available in Durban, but it's 1350km's away with no papers, so I can't just drive it down. I'd have to spend about 6-7k just on transporting it home, besides the steep asking price.

My wife is going abroad to work on a yacht for the next 4 months. My plan is to get one and have it restored to running condition for when she gets back. She does have a few other contracts lined up after this one, so I can hide it at a friends house, if I can't finish it in time.

Step 1 however is to find a 1979-1983 TS50ER or at least one close enough in looks, perhaps the 1985 model.
Step 2, get it fixed up/running.
Step 3, colour match his old motorcycle from photo's
Step 4, get all the stickers made and placed, the way he stickered up his one, from photo's (He had a bunch of random surf/gear/parts/booze stickers everywhere on the thing.)

If anyone has any information, I would appreciate it.

I appreciate your time if you made it this far into the post.
I've attached a image of the motorcycle for reference.

cheers
Phil

Attachments

• TS50ER 1981.jpg
    TS50ER 1981.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 127