• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

"Tester"....considering selling my RD350.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I have been working on a 1983 Yamaha RD350YPVS 31K for the last at least 5 years, and I must now decide what to do with it.

It has a fully refurbished crankshaft by Tim Bosson, with new conrods and crank bearings. New Yamaha pistons in 0.50mm.
All gearbox parts has been closely inspected and found in excellent order.

I'll start with what is missing; 1. Passenger grabrail  2. Bellypan. 3. Original exhaust system.
I have a fibreglass fairing, unpainted, but no screen.

New parts; 1. Paint on tank, sidecovers and tailpiece in original colours, professionally done. 2. New Yamaha wiring loom complete.  3. New digitally programmable ECU
from "Ignitech"  4.New high output stator.  5.new Yamaha 1into 3 throttle cable.  6.All new Yamaha rubber frame grommets and washers  7.all wheel bearings and
seals replaced.  8.Exhaust pipes[Factory racing brand] ceramic coated, as well as front brake master cylinder.  9.Radiator ceramic coated  10.Fuel tank cleaned and
lined by Clive's custom.  11.Swingarm linkages overhauled.  12. Brake calipers stripped and serviced.

I have licensed the bike onto my name in November of last year, 2015.

The bike is starting, but tends to run on one cylinder, and only occasionall runs on both together.

There are spares with it, 2x frames, 2 seta of engine crankcase halves, complete crankshaft taken from running engine[after it has holed a piston], 4x barrels needing
resleeving, 2x fuel tanks, 2x rear shocks, 2 sets of front forks, extra set of RD wheels complete with discs, 1x complete gearbox, 1x clutch set, and some more odds and
ends.

I am asking R50 000 for this lot, and if you are geniunely interested, please contact me and we will discuss it.

Thank you.