The Bushpig Thumper Bash - Bankfontein farm - 12-14 April 2024 - Two Nights off line! & RR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobCrouch

Not a bachelor.
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
bankfonteinwindpompCompclip.jpg

The Bushpig Thumper Bash will be held at Bankfontein farm on the weekend of 12-14 April 2024

WWW bankfonteinfs.co.za
That will give you an idea of how rustic it is.

The format is an informal get together in a very rustic location near very good dirt roads to chose from.
There will be outride to Gariep Dam via Phillippolis over Donkerpoort on Saturday morning.

Do not make direct bookings with the venue. Only bookings via this thread will be attended to as the site has been pre booked via the Exclusive unit.
If no one else attends I am! :cool:

About the venue:
"Bankfontein is a family farm located in the southern Free State between Luckhoff and Philippolis, approximately 3km from the Vanderkloof dam water level. Bankfontein is about 55km from the nearest town (Phillippolis) and has limited mobile phone reception in some parts of the farm . All electricity is generated through solar power . The farm offers a unique opportunity for the nature-lover to break away and enjoy the beautiful Free State. The farm has fully equipped, private camping facilities that can also be enjoyed as a group while it is also an ideal getaway for families to just take a breather. Several activities are available for the more active people."

The site has free WiFi at the farmhouse for emergency use. Do not camp there all day! ;-)

The ablutions are neat but restricted to two units, ladies may make use of the Exclusive bathroom though.

Please bring own towel. Bedding is provided.

Bring your adapters for charging and your camping / headlight for times of darkness.

For those bringing own booze... nearest bottle stores is Jagersfontein and Phillippolis. (50k +-)

Food & Drinks: Details pending!! (PM RobC about your preferences. See Tipple Query post #135.)

Castle Milk stout​
Windhoek draught​
Black label​
Castle light​
Planning to have above on hand and honesty tab... To be tallied and paid before you leave on Sunday.
Cost will be R25 per can/bottle.

At this point we can accommodate 30 people max. The facilities for prepping food is communal.

Ok evening Braai Packs, Friday steak/chicken sosatie/wors - Saturday Chops/sosatie/wors. Salads and Coney bun.
Lunch- Hot dogs with cheese griller worsie.
Breakfast. Scrambled egg, bacon on toast.
Cost R500.00 for 2 days, can be paid in advance or on site, if there is a cost saving I will credit your bar tab. Those attending one day R250.00
Please bring cash as there is no card facility!

Accomodation.

Cut off will be 5 April for campsite bookings.
Payment cut off will be Friday 5 April folks. I need to pay Bankfontein by 10 April.

Pick your bunking friends well as single and double beds share the same space. Tents can be individually booked, unless you want to share.
Campsites are laid out for large 3x3 type tents so we may be able to double up with 2 pup tents per site.

This is the booking spreadsheet and will be updated as bookings proceed.
Tent/Site / No of max occupants
Booked/Name
Persons
Accommodation Cost pppn x2
Meals R500
Bash Accomodation
Cost
Paid
7 - 18 max​
Exclusive 2​
Robbie and Ellie
2​
R 225.00​
Y​
R 1350​
Y​
3 days​
Tent 1 - King size bed - sleeps 2
Ri
1​
R 185.00​
Y-pd​
R 370​
Y​
Adults - R185pppn.​
Tent 2 - Double bed with 2 single beds - sleeps 4
Petri oosthuizen
1​
R185.00​
Y-pd
R370​
Y​
Adults - R185pppn.​
Tent 3 – 3Single beds - sleeps 3 each.
Umko - Stuart​
1​
R 185.00​
Y-pd​
R370​
Y​
Adults - R185pppn.​
Tent 4 - 3 Single beds - sleeps 3 each.
Toney the Boney​
1​
R 185.00​
Y-pd​
R370​
Y​
Adults - R185pppn.​
tent 5 Family Tent
Bellsangel​
1​
R 150.00​
Y-pd​
R300​
Y​
The tent has 2 bunk beds. Sleeps 4​
R 150.00​
R 150.00​
Adults - R150pppn.​
R 150.00​
Camp spaces 6
6 - 12 max​
1​
Ruffian​
1​
R 130.00​
R 260.00​
2​
Rex​
1​
R 130.00​
R 260.00​
3​
R 130.00​
4​
R 130.00​
5​
R 130.00​
6​

R 130.00​
Total 13 min 30 max​
Total
9​

Payments to be made to:
FNB Bank
Account - Robert D Crouch 55070035727
Branch 250051 / LANGENHOVENPARK
Ref ForumName

State your forum name and what tent/campsite you are booking and update this thread that you paid and for what and whom.
I will update the list with your name in bold when your payment shows in the bank account.
If you have booked and your plans change - put your booking up for sale or pay it forward. I dislike the admin of refunds and money that gets lost to banking costs. On rare cases I might make an exception.

Any questions, please ask on thread/PM or WA at 0815580945.
If you think we need a WA Group as well let me know and I will create one if needed.

Last edited: