• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted - K100 Tappet cover(sitting on bike - left side cover) and right side

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Good day Dawgs

So 2 year ago I crashed my 1983 K100 BMW, got all the necessary replacement parts from my brother's K75 donor bike, accept for the tappet engine cover.  Flying Brick from Cape Town was able to assist me by selling me a very decent 2nd hand tappet cover which I shipped to Johannesburg.

I then bought myself XT660R which i've been using since and never got to the point of fixing  up  my K100 and customizing it.  Now that I have the time, patience and money to start my K100 customizing project, I fucking lost the tappet cover plate when I recently moved to PTA.  I literally have all my striped parts and spares, accept the tappet cover plate ??? :'(.  I even brought in the female counterpart to help me look for the part, as we all know men can't look for shit. ;) I am so furious at myself for losing the part :dousing:

If someone can please assist my in acquiring another tapper cover plate I would really appreciate it.

I recently looked at my right side crank case cover, and its got a nasty crack in the one corner, I might be able machine it away, but I'm scared that the crack will propagate under temperature. So I'm in the market for both covers

I paid Chris from flying brick a R1000 last time for the cover, so that is my price range....still a student :p

Please let me know via email as I get instant notification on my phone, not always on Wilddogs.
[email protected]

Regards
Mat

Attachments

• Left side Tappet cover.jpg
    Left side Tappet cover.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Right side crank case cover.jpg
    Right side crank case cover.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 46