Wee problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheelieDog

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
The stroms are known for their reliability but now, at around 95 000kays, I can eventually report a problem I experienced.

I had my bike washed at work and afterwards she wouldn't run properly. Kind of 'hoes en poep' , stalling and running on one cylinder intermittently. I suspected a bit of water got into the tank and rode home with the revs up hoping it would clear. I filled the tank close to home and the problem seemed to have gone until I wanted to ride her again the next day.

I siphoned some fuel from the bottom of the tank but found no trace of water....

Now I start expecting the worst, CDI, TBS, fuel pump etc etc, all costly items to replace. I started checking the obvious first and hey presto, the rear plug cap felt like it wasn't quite seated properly, maybe a mm from home. When I pressed the starter button she was her sweet self again.

At last I have something to say when the guys who ride 'other' bikes complain about reliability. I have now almost experienced a breakdown too :biggrin: