Yes, another Kaokoland option (Max 7 riders)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildWood

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
WildWood Motorcycle Tours have been offering Kaokoland tours since 2014.

Check out these short tour videos from June this year.  https://youtu.be/VTaXc6ixASc or another  from 2018  https://youtu.be/VC5s8HJFvmw

My tours are without doubt more expensive than other local options and sadly out of reach to most Saffers but it's worth looking at what's on offer if you're heading that way.

For 2020 prices for the standard 11 day tour (Windhoek - Windhoek) are R52000 including rental bike and R36000 using own bike. (includes ALL FUEL, B&B accommodation, lunches, 4 dinners, support 4x4 and trailer, cold drinks and beers +++). Get yourself to Windhoek and accommodation is included the night before & after the tour)

We've run the same route over 30 times and refined it with new finds over the years. For tour groups we're able to customise the tour adding in tougher sections (like Robbies Pass for the brave ) or cut out tougher bits for the less experience, even modifying the route miid tour to suit a group.

Group size is limited to MAX 7 riders.

We have 7 current model KTM690's and Husqvarna 701's , + 1 Husqvarna 501 available as rentals.

If you choose to bring your own bike we transport from Cape Town to Namibia and return at no extra cost.

Our 11 day standard tour includes 6 nights in guest houses or chalet accommodation and the balance camping with tents & mattresses supplied.

We stay together as a group at all times, either in sight of the support crew or with satellite coms when we separate on technical sections. Considering the number of times we've seen predators like lions and leopard as well the regular big game like elephant I'd be reluctant to leave riders out alone in case of emergency, mechanical failure, accident or even repairing a puncture.

Our ethos is to treat each tour as a group of mates heading out on adventure. And yes, I might expect you to muck in to help make a fire or load a trailer at some time.