Your help needed - Buying a Tiger 800 XC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColD

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 800 XC
Hi all

OK so I am trying to get to a decision and would truly appreciate, advise based on experience not opinion if you don't mind on the Tiger 800 xc

Here are some questions I could use some help with, feel free to answer only one if you can add value ;D

1) Is there any bike that I should all so consider when looking at the XC?

2) Are there any major considerations why not to buy the XC?

3) I am keen on black, any reason I should consider one of the other two colours instaed?

4) What are the after market ad on parts like vs the OEM parts, I am looking at the fog light kit, bash plate, center stand engine protection bar and the GPS mounting kit if I need it?( I have ordered a Garmin zumo 660)

5) Any other must have accessories I need to start with as I am a n00b in adventure biking, so starting from zero.

6) Where will I get the best deal on a new one, as you cant seem to find much second hand, and it is stretching the budget a little. ( I am in JHB)

7) What discounts are the dealers doing?

8- Who is the best at aftersales service and servicing the bike?

9) General comments and tips that may make a difference to this decision?

I am planning on getting the bike the end of the month( June ) is all things work out.

I will really appreciate your feedback and help, as I don't want to regret such a large purchase, and think this info will aid other Dogs considering the same bike.

Who better to ask than the people who use and live with the products.

Thank you to all in advance  ;)

Colin D