BMW advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyre kicker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS
In the the spirit of learning from the serious BMW fanatics out there please refrain from ruining this post by comparing the BMW to any other makes for now please?  ;)

In a nutshell I have the option of purchasing a 1200Gs without ABS,without Heated Grips and without the electronic suspension adjustment.

The bike obviously is cheaper than the bikes with these features but in true honesty I can't see myself using these features to much and I would think if I don't have em I won't miss em.

My aim is to do 80% tar touring and maybe 20% mild sand roads on gravel.  :ricky:

I have never had ABS and have ridden on a bike that had it and I almost shat myself when this brake pedal started shuddering,I hated it thoroughly. :biggrin:

Is it a case of have it and not need it rather than  need it and not have it? >:D

Are there any BMW salesman on this forum that can do better deals than the average BMW dealer?  ;D

Constructive info appreciated please?  :thumleft: