Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 2013 Husqvarna Enduro bikes?  (Read 529 times)

Offline Bespoke109

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
2013 Husqvarna Enduro bikes?
« on: September 05, 2012, 09:08:38 am »
Howzit, the CMH group have become the importers for the Husqvarna brand. I've been looking at the 2013 Huskie WR 300 2 stroke at a new dealership in Durban.

On the net, the forums have a lot of good reports world wide. I'm looking for a weekend toy, I have ridden the KTM's , pretty good. Haven't heard to many good things about the aftersales service tho. (might just be a grumpy crowd I was speaking to) :-\. I guess my question is , how reliable are the new Husqvarnas and does anyone know how they ride? ???

Online Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
Re: 2013 Husqvarna Enduro bikes?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 09:28:04 am »
Howzit, the CMH group have become the importers for the Husqvarna brand. I've been looking at the 2013 Huskie WR 300 2 stroke at a new dealership in Durban.

On the net, the forums have a lot of good reports world wide. I'm looking for a weekend toy, I have ridden the KTM's , pretty good. Haven't heard to many good things about the aftersales service tho. (might just be a grumpy crowd I was speaking to) :-\. I guess my question is , how reliable are the new Husqvarnas and does anyone know how they ride? ???

Sorry to hijack your post, the 2013 Husaberg's deserve some looking at, kinda like a bespoke KTM 8)
The guys say they can do a Pistol on their 3D printer, not impressed I have had a Canon printer for years.

Offline Bespoke109

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:36:02 am »
Husabergs are great bikes, I've ridden the TE 300 2012, love the closed cartridge suspension. They just seem like the previous years KTM in blue.

Husqvarna have a good following in Europe, having being bought out by the BMW group some years ago, the brand has ended up winning the E1 and E2 last year. Which is good...but how do they ride? anyone have experiences owning them?

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:40:00 pm »
I've never had a problem with KTM spares/service. Even the smallest of parts, take a day to arrive from JHB

Offline Bespoke109

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 09:01:44 am »
I did a bit of research, apparently Primrose motorcycles have a good rep for service and parts for Husqvarnas.

I spoke to Ricky Snadien at Hooked up Motorsports, apparently the CMH group has had to purchased R14 million rand worth of parts as per Husqvarna's direction. So the support in terms of parts seems to be there.

It will be interesting to see how the brand does, maybe once someone wins the Roof of Africa on one, the brand will get more exposure.(just like Graham Jarvis and Husaberg).

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 09:25:59 am »
got this email from Husky SA - all the models for 2013.  :thumleft:
"What happen!!? Someone set up us the bomb!! We get signal. All your base are belong to us!!!"