Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: RAD - Rip off or providing a service?  (Read 9128 times)

Offline JK

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
Re: RAD - Rip off or providing a service?
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 07:58:57 pm »
Nice reponse from RAD but i dont think we should let them get off that easy. What about they invite us all to the launch of the new 1200 and also give each one of these for a weekend  :pot:
When u are on tar u are lost  !

Offline Pullaway

• Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 08:04:35 pm »
Serf and Whitedelight, thank you. You grasp my point. At last! Why then do you bitch and complain so much on this thread. Ugly accusations being thrown to and fro, all in the name of charity. Is charity not about caring, love and understanding or am I missing something in the name of charity?

Haha, charity to those in need yes. Not to a dealer.
 ::)

Serf, I honestly dint see why all the bitching? Did Rad for some reason owe you a favour, to fix your flat in the middle of nowhere for less? Your choice to either fix it yourself - or - trailer it to their establishment and pay the normal price was yours! Don't see anywhere Rad claim their support was 100% charity, but more of a business venture?  I think it a pathetic to use a public forum against a business like this! :dousing:
For the name calling, being an Afrikaner myself, I would suggest we leave to bitching about namecalling to the disadvantaged (afterall who can bitch an toy-toy better than a disadvantaged)! You can either bitchslap the Soutpiel back, or go for the PK or Zinger (The Zinger being 10db louder than a Poesklap)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:35:27 pm by Pullaway »
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline JonW

• Hilton Hound
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 08:25:43 pm »
I think I would also be a bit pissed if I got charged that to fit a new tube in a front wheel.

Depends of course whether the dealer disclosed the price up front or not. If the price was disclosed then you got no case to complain. If not, then you can feel hard done by.

My local stealer recently fitted a new rear Mitas CO2 plus a new tube for less than that  :o
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?

Offline KoToM

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 09:00:35 pm »
im sorry but to do a 1000km adv trip and you dont know how to fix the tyre yourself ?

to pay R800 is lazyness, carry repair kit, tube and some elbow grease in your back pack or pay the r800 tekkie tax
and shut the fark up
KTM 300 Six Days                      : My secretary, Hard working and does anything i tell her to do
KTM 690 Enduro Adventure Rally : My mistress, Best ride by far
KTM 990 Adventure                    : My wife, Bit boring sometimes but still love her to bits
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited               : For when it hails :(

Offline >Herman<

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • If not now, when?
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 09:23:53 pm »
Serf & Hennie,

So tell me then, why did you go to RAD to fix a flat tire if you claim you can fix it yourself? Am I right to think you were lazy and thought to get the "service guys" to fix your flats because it will be the convenient thing to do?  :3some: Babelaas is nie lekker in die oggend nie.  :pot:

Regarding the fuel filter, maybe RAD does not prefer to fix stuff improper. By bypassing the problem would be a short term fix and could end causing more serious damage. What would you have said then??  :deal:

Nee wat manne, wees regte boertjies en erken die souties het julle uitgevang, hoek, line en sinker.  :lol8:  :lol8:  :lol8:

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2012, 09:24:44 pm »
im sorry but to do a 1000km adv trip and you dont know how to fix the tyre yourself ?

to pay R800 is lazyness, carry repair kit, tube and some elbow grease in your back pack or pay the r800 tekkie tax
and shut the fark up

The point is not whether people should fix there own flats. Its R80 for a fix compared to R800

Offline >Herman<

• If not now, when?
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2012, 09:26:34 pm »

and shut the fark up

The point is not whether people should fix there own flats. Its R80 for a fix compared to R800
:ricky:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 09:58:53 pm by >Herman< »

Offline SGB

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • 1190R / 1200 GS LC / Husaberg TE 300
    • DS Rider Training
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2012, 09:29:21 pm »
If supporting a charity event is about recovering cost, it is not about charity.  I have worked with these kind of events enough to know that there is no money to be made from them.  So, if you are there, get with the program and give something away.  If you go there with a business mind, you will probably be disappointed in the end.  Just a perception....

The pricing issue with KTM.  You say the dealernet determines the price.  It is not working for you....  I have several KTM bikes and I know that the dealers charge VERY different prices for the same thing on the same day.  Fact....  

Regarding the fuel filter.  The 990 pre-filter has been cut open in many instances.  The paper cartridge filter is still there to "protect" the injectors.  None of the bikes ever had an issue afterwards, I have witnessed / done it many times myself.

What is the "bottom line".  Don't do business at charity events.  It will often come back to bite you.  In this case, if you donated the time, sold the spares at cost and billed the event for the fuel like the medics do, you would have generated a lot more mileage for the business.  Charge each participant R50 more and the problem goes away.

I am not taking sides, just sharing realistic (in my mind) experience from "doing" similar events over the years.
www.countrytrax.co.za

Riding a bike is not just about riding the bike....
Do not believe everything you think....

Offline >Herman<

• If not now, when?
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2012, 09:35:18 pm »
If supporting a charity event is about recovering cost, it is not about charity.  I have worked with these kind of events enough to know that there is no money to be made from them.  So, if you are there, get with the program and give something away.  If you go there with a business mind, you will probably be disappointed in the end.  Just a perception....

The pricing issue with KTM.  You say the dealernet determines the price.  It is not working for you....  I have several KTM bikes and I know that the dealers charge VERY different prices for the same thing on the same day.  Fact....  

Regarding the fuel filter.  The 990 pre-filter has been cut open in many instances.  The paper cartridge filter is still there to "protect" the injectors.  None of the bikes ever had an issue afterwards, I have witnessed / done it many times myself.

What is the "bottom line".  Don't do business at charity events.  It will often come back to bite you.  In this case, if you donated the time, sold the spares at cost and billed the event for the fuel like the medics do, you would have generated a lot more mileage for the business.  Charge each participant R50 more and the problem goes away.

I am not taking sides, just sharing realistic (in my mind) experience from "doing" similar events over the years.

The voice of reason.  :thumleft:

Offline Etienne2T

• Mr.
  • Forum Whore
  • Dinosaur
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2012, 09:36:57 pm »
If supporting a charity event is about recovering cost, it is not about charity.  I have worked with these kind of events enough to know that there is no money to be made from them.  So, if you are there, get with the program and give something away.  If you go there with a business mind, you will probably be disappointed in the end.  Just a perception....

The pricing issue with KTM.  You say the dealernet determines the price.  It is not working for you....  I have several KTM bikes and I know that the dealers charge VERY different prices for the same thing on the same day.  Fact.... 

Regarding the fuel filter.  The 990 pre-filter has been cut open in many instances.  The paper cartridge filter is still there to "protect" the injectors.  None of the bikes ever had an issue afterwards, I have witnessed / done it many times myself.

What is the "bottom line".  Don't do business at charity events.  It will often come back to bite you.  In this case, if you donated the time, sold the spares at cost and billed the event for the fuel like the medics do, you would have generated a lot more mileage for the business.  Charge each participant R50 more and the problem goes away.

The voice of reason.  :thumleft:

+1

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2012, 10:42:59 pm »
Serf & Hennie,

So tell me then, why did you go to RAD to fix a flat tire if you claim you can fix it yourself? Am I right to think you were lazy and thought to get the "service guys" to fix your flats because it will be the convenient thing to do?  :3some: Babelaas is nie lekker in die oggend nie.  :pot:

Regarding the fuel filter, maybe RAD does not prefer to fix stuff improper. By bypassing the problem would be a short term fix and could end causing more serious damage. What would you have said then??  :deal:

Nee wat manne, wees regte boertjies en erken die souties het julle uitgevang, hoek, line en sinker.  :lol8:  :lol8:  :lol8:

Herman, ek dink dat die probleem juis is dat die klient in die geval voel hy is "uitgevang" deur die handelaar. :mwink:

Offline Hennie

• Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
  • I am a Christian Zionist
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2012, 08:32:54 am »
Serf & Hennie,

So tell me then, why did you go to RAD to fix a flat tire if you claim you can fix it yourself? Am I right to think you were lazy and thought to get the "service guys" to fix your flats because it will be the convenient thing to do?  :3some: Babelaas is nie lekker in die oggend nie.  :pot:

Regarding the fuel filter, maybe RAD does not prefer to fix stuff improper. By bypassing the problem would be a short term fix and could end causing more serious damage. What would you have said then??  :deal:

Nee wat manne, wees regte boertjies en erken die souties het julle uitgevang, hoek, line en sinker.  :lol8:  :lol8:  :lol8:

Herman, Sharap you bledy agent!! :lol8:

We were all about to depart on the morning from the Newcastle camp site. I was about to get on the bike when I noticed the rear flat. All eight guys are about to leave, and the sweepers are chasing the guys. Now I have a choice: go to the agents and they do it in 15 minutes, or do it myself and it takes me at least 30 minutes without the stand and lekker equipment.

However, R100 would have been fair, not R350.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:35:43 am by Hennie »
Science finds God behind every door they open, but they open those doors long after men and women of faith have been there and gone - Wendy Wippel

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Zionism/christianzionism.html

Offline Serf

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2012, 09:44:05 am »
Serf & Hennie,

Herman, remember two years ago on q4q when I HAD to help you to fix 2 flats.  :pot:

You owe me R700 + interest for labour, you lazy old fart.  :ricky:

It must be tough getting old and not remember everything.

You missed out on a nice ride. :thumleft:

Offline Stirrr

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2012, 10:53:18 am »
Jinne, julle kan bly wees dat daar n dealer was wat julle kak kon probeer uit sort!!!

Julle klink soos n klomp ou tannies wat op Woensdae aande Bingo moet speel!!

Julle opblaas poppe was ook seker vol stof gewees en by wie moan julle daaroor?? Die ouens maak n moerse verlies op so toer, en dit om julle te help..... ek sal julle in julle moer stuur net daar....

Klomp ou knormoere  :pot:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:03:30 am by Stirrr »

Offline Rider#33

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2012, 12:23:54 pm »
From what i can tell

RAD was there to help riders with simple problems , wich they did , sure it was a charity event but in the same breath you cant expect them to loose that amunt of money i would love to see where you can get a tube , slim and fitment for R80 hmmm i wana go shop there

and guys come on cut the guys some slak they worked hard and late into the night , as for the filter problem on the 990 i think it was the right thing to do not to do a quick fix , because if somthing worse happen to the bike later on in the ride would they have been blamed for that also ( since you worked on my bike......)

i have delt with RAD many times and they really do try there best and go the extra mile for there clients myslef included , love that shop and there coffee  :sip:

Offline Battlestar

• IF IM NOT HERE IM ON MY BIKE
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
  • "LUX NOBIS DUX"
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2012, 12:34:12 pm »
 ::)

Eish here we go  :peepwall:
Pass this way once!

Offline XTZFegen

• Audere Est Facere
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2012, 01:22:16 pm »
From what i can tell

RAD was there to help riders with simple problems , wich they did , sure it was a charity event but in the same breath you cant expect them to loose that amunt of money i would love to see where you can get a tube , slim and fitment for R80 hmmm i wana go shop there

and guys come on cut the guys some slak they worked hard and late into the night , as for the filter problem on the 990 i think it was the right thing to do not to do a quick fix , because if somthing worse happen to the bike later on in the ride would they have been blamed for that also ( since you worked on my bike......)

i have delt with RAD many times and they really do try there best and go the extra mile for there clients myslef included , love that shop and there coffee  :sip:

Eish 1st Post on Wild Dogs and its this one?? Hier kom kak now... :lol8:  :lol8:  :lol8:

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2012, 01:36:13 pm »
From what i can tell

Rad agent? :pot:

Offline Stirrr

« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2012, 04:47:18 pm »
RAD agent number 007........  :imaposer:

Offline Hagar

• Bike: Suzuki DR650
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2012, 06:31:22 pm »
From what i can tell

Rad agent? :pot:

No2SD there is another possibility, perhaps he has been lurking for years on the forum, but reading this he finally felt he should register and break the silence.  I mean how much injustice can you handle, even when you are not involved at all.  Just look how much money this poor dealer has lost and how hard the mechanics worked into the night.