Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Varkkneukel got himself a new toy ! just added the 1st ride impression as well.  (Read 4510 times)

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
Meet you halfway somewhere? Like Grootbrak  ;)

But seriously...

Hmmmm

Tempting...

It is still running on temporary plates, so it might be better to find a later weekend (damn next weekend is the one just before the bash...)

I need to sort out and finalize the car issues this weekend, so its going to be tight...

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
Ektokibike se ding moes nou die naweek gewees het. Villiersdorp is mos net 'n hop.

Dude - as jy tot in Villiersdorp kom kom kry ek jou verseker daar!

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

BigEd

...and so I ask again - whatcha doin' this weekend?  ;D

Ahh good! Will make my first cricket match on Saterday and can go for a ride Sunday early! Nice! Just hoping the weather stays the same for the week... O0

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
so it might be better to find a later weekend

Hmm. I'm also having my bike serviced and the new custom panniers made for the bash. Already got the extra 5L tank and need to have that fitted 2. Don't worry, our ride will happen in due time. ;D

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
OK Varkkneukel jou bliksem - I'm sold.  I want a TTR 250 Raid !!!!!!

The Raid, not the normal one

How much, where can I find one - grey is cool???

H

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
so it might be better to find a later weekend

Hmm. I'm also having my bike serviced and the new custom panniers made for the bash. Already got the extra 5L tank and need to have that fitted 2. Don't worry, our ride will happen in due time. ;D

:thumbsup:

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
OK Varkkneukel jou bliksem - I'm sold.  I want a TTR 250 Raid !!!!!!

The Raid, not the normal one

How much, where can I find one - grey is cool???

H

I aim to please!

:D ;D

Talk to Watty as well - I'm pretty sure the specs on the DR Djebel XC is very close to mine.
It will broaden your options a little if you can look for two types of essentially the same bike.

I don't know about there in the big smoke. Mine was almost R20 000 (new tyres / service and registration included).
Watty saw one for R17 000 in P.E.

I think there shouldn't be a problem with this one and spares/services and such.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
Re the clock (watch) comment I found this on www.ttr250.com:

More speedo information:
a) What do the blue and red buttons do on the digital speedo?
The blue button switches between two trip gauges so can record two different distances. If you hold down the blue (A/B) button for a few seconds it switches the display from the clock function to the overall mileage function and back again.
The red button is reset and if you hold it down for a while, about a minute, when the clock is displayed you can set the clock when it is flashing. The hours will flash first and you push quickly the reset button to change them, then push A/B or blue button to go to minutes and set minutes the same. Then just press A/B again to go back to normal display.

shark_za

Stick with the TTR if you go 250.  Like that web site just highlights, lots more info on the TTR than the Djebel.

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
I'd like a more off-road rig - wanna play a bit and do the trail-riding thing

H

Offline sidetrack

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • T7 dreamin’ ....
I think the XR Baja, TTR Raid and Djebel 250's are all pretty close. Comes down to the brand and colour you like. Kickstart backup on a bike is also nice.
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
I think the XR Baja, TTR Raid and Djebel 250's are all pretty close. Comes down to the brand and colour you like. Kickstart backup on a bike is also nice.

+1

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
Whats the main differences between these bike - woah wait, i'll start a new thread on the 250 d/s bike choices

H

BigEd

Hey Trailrider, saw Eisbein's new toy 8) Cool wheels 8) I was tempted to take a spin, but I just bought a scoot - will be killed if I told SWMBO I'm buying another (IF I'm lucky that is >:D).

Eisbein, jy't jou sak hier vergeet. Doppie het nogal jou sien opklim en gewonder of jy nie 'n sak gehad het nie. Dis daai fiets se skuld - so oulik.

TR - vir die rekord - Eisbein is kleiner as ek ;D

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
BigEd - just tell SWMBO it's for her ;)

Are you going to the bash? Me, you, Surf and Eisbein can be the bouncers ;D

Eisbein - when am I going to see your scoot? ???

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
Hey, Big Ed - I'll come and grab my bag either tomorrow or over the weekend...
Just a memmstick and some OM manual in it...

Sorry TR, but if you can't come down here its going to have to wait unfortunately 'till after the bash...

Maybe I can work a miracle earlier.

BigEd

You really want me to die, don't you >:D I tried something like this before - bought her a model train for her birthday. She tried to flog it to an almost ex-mate ;D She can be quite evil I tell ya. Since then I don't try silly stuff - I mean, a man has to sleep sometime...

I bounce quite nicely already  ;D ;D Reminds me of my "jonk en jukkerige" days when I worked as a bouncer on weekends. Was fun till the Dixie Boys gang started shooting at me  >:( How the hell do you miss me, if you know what I mean ???

Unfortunately the year is fully booked already, but next year I'll plan in advance...

Take a number - the price you have to pay for living in that awesome region >:D >:D >:D

BigEd

Hey, Big Ed - I'll come and grab my bag either tomorrow or over the weekend...
Just a memmstick and some OM manual in it...

What ??? Nothing to eat in there ??? That's just not cricket man...

Sorry TR, but if you can't come down here its going to have to wait unfortunately 'till after the bash...

Maybe I can work a miracle earlier.

I told him...

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog

What ??? Nothing to eat in there ??? That's just not cricket man...

Bwahahahaha!

LoL!

Dude - there's a chip in it, but I'm pretty sure (even if is goes down well - highly doubtful) it will not go through so lekker.
Volitile memory so to speak...

Either that or static RAM ...

:D ;D

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider