Yesterday's mishap enroute to the canal ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DR BIG 750

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR 750S Big
I took a ride to the canals yesterday morn to meet up with a few Dogz, I went along the Harties road past wild west offroad track, i filled up at the castle garage & hit the road, it is a very bumpy road doing maybe 110km max, anyway I get through to Harties the tunnel robot catches me the through the Engen garage other side of the wall stop outside Wimpy switch get of the bike & check my phone for the time as I think I am a bit late. alas the mishap...... no luggage rack, no soft luggage on the back, all my shit in there fone, wallet with every thing in it cards id licence all of modern life, then things like glasses rain suite cap & other types of hand bag crap. Funny thing is not just the soft luggage which is actually a magnetic tank bank fastened/bolted to my base plate of the Givi hard top box, the whole thing is gone nuts bolts the lot, the same one that has done Sani ,V D Kloof & most the SA, ???.  I make a quick about turn & head back to Jozi to look for the bag, after 4x of traversing the road no luck . I head back to start cancelling cards, fones  & assess the loss. get to Fourways stores cancel cards lock my phone go the vodacom shop as it still rings to try track it on the gps thingy but its not switched on, anyway bit later my son fones(other fone no) from CT where he is jolling with varsity mates & ask me who answered my work fone . tell him the story say cheers & call my fone no. I get a hello, so tell the story , he says he saw it on the road near a bridge, anyway make a plan to meet at the Sasol for a collection as he is going to diepsloot first, cool so an hour later the guy arrives with my soft luggage not a scratch but minus the Givi bracket, all my stuff is there minus the money in my wallet, no problem I have all my stuff back any try to give the dude a reward to say thanks but I have cancelled cards now so moneyless got his no, will call him today & give something,
so that was my bit of luck for an early Christmas, replacing all your cards licence contact would have been quite mission