Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Biker down on Hans Strydom this morning?  (Read 4924 times)

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
Re: Biker down on Hans Strydom this morning?
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2013, 04:21:19 pm »
In the meantime, I can't wait for details to become available.
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Ganjora

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2013, 04:21:45 pm »
I think we need the eye witness here.
Did that driver leave the scene of the accident before he'd made sure that the biker was not injured?
You cannot simply throw down a business card as contact details, I wont fall for that. Did he leave his car reg. with the biker? Did he take the biker's details?
But most of all, my previous point - did he make VERY SURE that the biker was not injured and needed help?
How is he going to prove that the damage to his car was caused by the biker?

how is anyone going to prove he did not check with the biker?
did they hear his conversation?   maybe he said: are you ok,  mate?   here's my card,  gimme a ring,  and well sort it out - no sense in hanging around and causing a traffic jam as you say you're ok.
his word against the bikers...

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2013, 04:51:46 pm »
Did that driver leave the scene of the accident before he'd made sure that the biker was not injured?
You cannot simply throw down a business card as contact details, I wont fall for that. Did he leave his car reg. with the biker? Did he take the biker's details?
But most of all, my previous point - did he make VERY SURE that the biker was not injured and needed help?

did they hear his conversation?   maybe he said: are you ok,  mate?   here's my card,  gimme a ring,  and well sort it out - no sense in hanging around and causing a traffic jam as you say you're ok.

Agreed, so the witnesses actually are key to any chances of charges or accusations sticking. Often witnesses don't want to be hassled and fade into the distance over time.

I think there's a batlle here - Keith's insurance won't want to pay so they will assist where they can to dodge the claim. They have a lot of experience in defending claims from rear accidents.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline j@co

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2013, 05:00:35 pm »
I dont usually comment on these sites, but this has got me VERY mad!!!   Will somebody please do something?   I have 3 sons and a husband that ride - one of my boys still in school and on a a]scooter.   This is too close to home - please sort this idiot out before he kills somebody's child.   I am sure I am speaking for all the other moms out there who don't have any other choice but to send their child to school on a scooter - my men ride well and obey the road rules, but this fool in his BMW needs to be taught a lesson.   There are no words..... >:( >:( >:(

Offline ahlbebuck

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2013, 05:09:11 pm »
No-one can blame WD's for not being super creative!  :thumleft:

Different scenarios are being created in detail, but there's still NO MORE INFO other than the original "according to a witness"

Praat van die dam onder die eend uitpluk!  :biggrin:

Of is dit omdat hy 'n BMW ry? 2SD, is dit jy wat post?  >:D
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

Offline the real Takbok

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2013, 05:10:18 pm »
What a pork tjop. Sub

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 05:14:50 pm »

did they hear his conversation?   maybe he said: are you ok,  mate?   here's my card,  gimme a ring,  and well sort it out - no sense in hanging around and causing a traffic jam as you say you're ok.

Agreed, so the witnesses actually are key to any chances of charges or accusations sticking. Often witnesses don't want to be hassled and fade into the distance over time.

I think there's a batlle here - Keith's insurance won't want to pay so they will assist where they can to dodge the claim. They have a lot of experience in defending claims from rear accidents.

It may be hard to prove , but the fact of the matter and the truth of what happened is that the BMW driver apparantly hooted and shouted at the bike rider when he stopped for an orange light , then drove past him at speed and bought his car to a screeching halt trying to kill/ hurtl the biker. There must have been dozens of people who saw this happening and who saw there was no pedestrian or dog in front of the car . The trick is to get as many witnesses as possible. The surrounding circumstances ( the prior hooting etc ) will all contribute to the biker's version.

And if the insurance company dares make a case , at least the biker has made a prior case ( which will show consistency and that he reported his truth straight away) and he must just fight the Insurance company. It is clear what happened , and clear what the car driver's intent was. It's not like it was just the two of them on an isolated country road .

The difference is the biker will have the truth behind him.  He may not succeed with his own cases but it is certainly worth reporting . He should report it .

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2013, 05:16:33 pm »

Different scenarios are being created in detail, but there's still NO MORE INFO other than the original "according to a witness"

Well in this case Topie saw it happen. In the journalist who died none of us saw what happened , and someone got killed and people were trying to blame him without having direct proof . At least here is a WD who saw what happened . But , yes of course it could be wrong .

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2013, 05:28:11 pm »
I dont usually comment on these sites, but this has got me VERY mad!!!   Will somebody please do something?   I have 3 sons and a husband that ride - one of my boys still in school and on a a]scooter.   This is too close to home - please sort this idiot out before he kills somebody's child.   I am sure I am speaking for all the other moms out there who don't have any other choice but to send their child to school on a scooter - my men ride well and obey the road rules, but this fool in his BMW needs to be taught a lesson.   There are no words..... >:( >:( >:(

Ek ken 'n paar mense met die naam jaco maar jys die enigste een met 'n husband
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline ahlbebuck

• Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
  • G450X, CRF450R, XR200R
« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2013, 05:31:39 pm »

Well in this case Topie saw it happen. In the journalist who died none of us saw what happened , and someone got killed and people were trying to blame him without having direct proof . At least here is a WD who saw what happened . But , yes of course it could be wrong .

No Rynet - that is not what the original post says. This is Topie reporting what he heard......
If you can't fix it with a hammer, its an electrical problem!

Offline luv2ride

• Strand brak
  • Bike: BMW F800GS
  • Strand brak
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2013, 05:38:58 pm »
Would be interesting to hear what happened here and what happens next! Three versions of the truth!

BMW S1000XR and BMW R1200R
BMW F800GS - sold, Honda NC700X -Sold; BMW1150GSA -sold
BMW F650 twin - sold
BMW F800ST - in bike heaven Kawasaki KLR 650 - sold Kawasaki ER6F -sold Yamaha FZ6 - sold BMW 1200GS - sold BMW 650 Dakar - sold Yamaha XJ750 - stolen Honda MT5 - given away as scrap

Offline BFG

• Ride- crash-fix-repeat
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2013, 05:45:48 pm »
There are ways to teach the fool a lesson other then the law. If the biker, i hope he's ok, can verify the bmw's details then one or two ppl can have a quiet word with him. Or he can be sorrounded by as many WDs as possible and have the fear of God instilled in him. I don't think the law worries this guy.

Offline Gypsybaron

• It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go.
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2013, 05:55:27 pm »
Meanwhile,  on the BMW M5 forum, some guy is bitching and moaning about a biker that stopped in front of him at a robot, which forced him to slam on his brakes. This in turn caused him to spill his scalding hot Chaywa coffee in his crotch, and his Iphone5 want flying from his ear and fell in the - now half-full - cup of coffee, which rendered the phone totally useless. Furthermore, the coffee splashed onto his brand new white and gold shirt, burned him on his chest, and singed his only chest hair. As he pulled away, and moved in front of the biker, the ABS malfunctioned (probably because some coffee found its way into the i-Drive control), and the car stopped dead in its tracks. Then the biker slammed into his car from behind, and when he got off this car driver saw HIER KOM KAK, so left his business card with the biker, and drove off before the big hairy scary biker could throw him right through his car windscreen.
“All education is self-education. A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education. What you receive is like the outlines in a child’s coloring book. You must fill in the colors yourself.” Louis L'Amour - The lonesome gods

Offline CRUISER CRAZY

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2013, 06:05:20 pm »
Sub
Kawasaki KDX 200 Sold
Yamaha 225  3wheeler Sold
Honda XR 200 Sold
Suzuki DF 200 Sold
Kawasaki KLR 650 Sold Bombardier Outlander 400 4x4 Sold Bombardier Outlander 800 4x4 Sold Suzuki LT 80 Yamaha XTZ 125 BMW R1200 GS  For sale KTM 990 Adventure    SOLD

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2013, 06:10:25 pm »

No Rynet - that is not what the original post says. This is Topie reporting what he heard......

Ok Topie's friend saw it happen.  There were witnesses , it was a busy street. And I did say , of course it could be wrong . Whats your problem ? If the facts are different then our opinions would naturally be different . But if it is true it does concern us all , as we all ride bikes .

Ganjora

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2013, 06:24:30 pm »
i'll bet R50 that the BMW guy gets away with it,  and the biker pays for the damage.

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2013, 06:55:13 pm »
i'll bet R50 that the BMW guy gets away with it,  and the biker pays for the damage.

You old cynic, you .  :imaposer:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2013, 06:56:16 pm »

Nope, I think he's a realist.
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2013, 07:09:13 pm »
a helmet cam would have come in handy here

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2013, 07:11:44 pm »

Nope, I think he's a realist.

You are both cynics. Car tries to harm biker , and you want the biker to pay the car driver's damages too.  :laughing4: Fortunately it happened in a busy street , and yes helmet cam would have been great .