Riding for a cause - any dogs done it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenbadger

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi Dogs

As usual, you okes are usually full of help, and chirps. Sometimes more chirps then help, but hey, it makes it fun.

I am embarking soon on a ride down from Mombassa to Cape Town, the bikes have already left CT (home) and are sitting in Durban - blerry delays waiting for the final passage up to Mombassa, as soon as I have a confirmed arrival date Im packing my bags and heading.

When people get wind of the trip the first thing is awe, and then they ask why I am doing it, and I cant give them a reason, and that kinda bugs me.

I spent a year in Vietnam working for charity, and I have done charity work here, but I have been quite disillusioned by the charities in SA, a lot of them have found it fairly lucrative to do what they do, and the emphasis turns more on a networking thing then a charity thing. Big execs heading up charities for networking (brilliant if you dont forget the reason for doing it, and make sure the emphasis is still on the cause) dont get me wrong, I think that is a great way to get a charity to run, is to get something else up and running that will benefit other people as well, but anyway, im getting side tracked here.

Back to the real reason for this post. I want to have an answer for people when they ask why im doing it, and I have kinda forgotten my charity side as I have left Uni and gotten into the corporate world.

What is the best way to do this? We have a few weeks to organise something, and I think I can get something on the road - so to speak - that will benefit an organisation.

Basically I think that this is too good an opportunity to miss to do some good, and I want to know how to tackle this, and set the wheels in motion, so to speak.

I have a couple of charities in mind, but what can I offer them?