THE BIG QUESTIONS ALWAYS ASKED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
The big question that is always asked relates to either OIL or Tyres , and I think its because oil keeps the engine in good condition , cuts expenses so to speak if you are diligent in checking the oil level , using top grade oil and not checking has no benefit .
Now tyres is a different case as here we want the best options in one package , we want tyres that perform and give great mileage , no we want super mileage .

In my case I have chosen the best oil for my bikes , use LIQUE MOLY , made my gearboxes super smooth , Tyres are a issue all on its own . On my daily , I use the BATT HP and get great mileage , grip is also good for daily use .
My adventure bike (KTM 1190) Likes to eat rear tyres . So choosing the best option here has become somewhat tricky , I got good mileage out of the original Metz tourance , but the front was nerve wracking bad off paving , always felt as if was going to wash out , changed this for a Motaz tractionator gps and cant be more happy , great amazing grip , super confident of paving , and have done over 12000 kilos on it , starting to wear on the trailing edges , but good for maybe anoth 5-8 k kilos . Now the rear is the headache one , this gets chowed 6 love . I have had a couple on the bike now bar the tourance that gave 16000 kilos the rest do between 6&8 k kilos . Currently on a Pirelli STR , good tyre , great grip , but dont think it will do much over 6000.
Now and I am aware that the new MITAS ADVENTURE is a brand new tyre , they are a little more expensive , but a question to the guys that have used Mitas tyres , what is your experience ?
I ride 99% paving and wand of at road side stops or if there is road works and no other option , This new tyre has a very similar tread pattern to the PIRELLI STR and from some research it looks like a tyre that will last 15 or more K kilos , if this be true then the higher price paid is maid up in saving on the replacement that last les mileage ,
So my question is have you , or do you know someone that has fitted the new MITAS and what is the real world review on them ?

Latest posts