Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Couple on bike hit Kudu  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Sharingroads

• Race Dog
  • Bike: DKW (all models)
    • Sharing Roads
Re: Couple on bike hit Kudu
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 01:11:06 pm »
Glad they ok. Now the healing can begin.

For the guys after the whistles, I just picked up a pair for R18.00.
Will start a new thread away from this one with pics and info.

Offline immigrant

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2013, 07:17:07 am »
Mmmm I'm still not convinced that these wistles work.  Guess the only way would be to sit in a hide on a nice gamefarm, wait for the Kudus to come in and then see the effect of the fluitjie - ek dink die verkopers vang meer bang mense met die fluitjie as wat die fluitjie Kudus wegjaag hahaha

http://askville.amazon.com/deer-alert-whistles-attach-front-car-work/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=4983991

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/car-life/do-deer-whistles-work-to-prevent-collisions-with-wildlife/article4104175/

Rob Found, a PhD candidate and wildlife researcher associated with the University of Alberta, agrees that whistles are marketed on flawed evidence. “The bottom line is they don’t work.

“They’ve done a number of tests on these whistles, and a lot of them are actually outside the range of the hearing of deer or other ungulates that would be on the roads. Another problem is they tend to be a low frequency, and the volume really blends into the noise of the vehicles and the highway noise in general, so they really don’t jump out as an alarm.”

I had a whistle like this on my vstrom. I found the whistle lodged in the bucks left lung next to his 4 broken ribs when i skinned him out after i killed it with the front wheel and forks @80km/h

Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2013, 07:23:31 am »
bwahahaha
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2013, 08:34:15 pm »
Skin Moolman still needs our prayer, they will be moving him to Pasteur hospital this week, he is still in an induced coma and has had surgery to relieve cranial pressure. It is going to be a long haul.

Offline Sharingroads

• Race Dog
  • Bike: DKW (all models)
    • Sharing Roads
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2013, 09:01:42 pm »
Skin Moolman still needs our prayer, they will be moving him to Pasteur hospital this week, he is still in an induced coma and has had surgery to relieve cranial pressure. It is going to be a long haul.

Not good news.

He, and his loved ones are in my prayers