Author Topic: Rwanda  (Read 3509 times)

Offline Mzee

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Bikes: DL 650 Suzuki; Honda 250 Suzuki 125; Vespa
    • Mzee-Jaki
Re: Rwanda
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 09:37:06 am »
Hi Fingers. My son and I arrived in Mpanda (Tanzania) today (en route Cape Town to Amsterdam). We are heading to Kigoma tomorrow. Should be in your neck of the woods in a few days. Will give you a shout if/when we get there.

Where is your ride report? ??? ??? ???
Life is kind to those who afford it kindness

XT1200Z Super Tenere

Offline Amsterdam

• Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 05:23:22 am »
At the moment it is more riding focused than computer focused. This link is to the first article that my son write about the trip. Others will follow in time.

http://wp.me/p3ZDbm-1U
KTM 500 XCW, Husqvarna 701, KTM 1190 Adventure

Offline Michael Vespa

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »
Hi Fingers

What a great find I am leaving Johannesburg on the 1st of May this year and cant wait to buy you a beer or 2 when I arrive , I am not sure when I will be in your neck of the woods as I have given myself 6 monthe to get to Italy on my Vespa , doing the trip solo , so it will be great to have some company in Rwanda. Please send me your phone number I am travelling with a sat phone so will give you a call when I arrive .

Regards

Michael

Offline Fingers

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 06:20:59 pm »
Hi Fingers

What a great find I am leaving Johannesburg on the 1st of May this year and cant wait to buy you a beer or 2 when I arrive , I am not sure when I will be in your neck of the woods as I have given myself 6 monthe to get to Italy on my Vespa , doing the trip solo , so it will be great to have some company in Rwanda. Please send me your phone number I am travelling with a sat phone so will give you a call when I arrive .

Regards

Michael

Hello Michael,

You sure have balls to do it on a Vespa, please give me a shout when you reach on +250 788 30 1494.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Fingers
Honda Mini Trail 50 cc; Honda CB 125, Suzuki RM 100; Yamaha RD 50: Kwasaki KDX 175; Yamaha XT 500, BMW F650 GS; BMW R1150 GSA

Offline Michael Vespa

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2014, 09:06:31 am »
Will do , looking forward to it

Offline LouwXR

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 10:13:08 am »
Hi Fingers

Awesome to see that there are wilddogs in Rwanda as well! My wife and I are also on our way to Rwanda on the 31st of March, and I am really looking forward to it! I see that you are also into construction and working on a hotel in Kigali, which hotel is it? I am going to be starting on the new Marriott hotel and then there are some further projects in the pipeline.

Nice to see that you managed to get a lekker dualsport bike that, unfortunately not going to take my bike with me (Honda XR400R this side) but might look at getting something once we are there and settled as we are looking at going for a minimum of 2 to 3 years. How long have you been there?

Will give you a shout once we are there, always nice to meet people that have been there for a while and already know the ropes.

Cheers

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 10:53:24 am »
I have heard on the radio yesterday that there is some tention between SA and Ruwanda ??? This was because we deported a couple of Ruwandean guys and now they threaten to kick South Africans out of the Country. You guys got any news on that yet? Hope it is not true and cause any challanges to you okes up there. I also faced rather challanging situation a few years back in Ethiopia when our locals started to destroy the Ethiopian shops and houses in SA

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 10:56:32 am »
I was in Rwanda in 2005 on a demining contract for the UN near the DRCongo border. We actually worked from the Congo. We discovered a mass grave with 44 bodies....not nice, must say yes it is piecefull now but I was there when we had to run for our lives. The rebel groups are still around

Offline Fingers

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 11:00:00 am »
Hi Fingers

Awesome to see that there are wilddogs in Rwanda as well! My wife and I are also on our way to Rwanda on the 31st of March, and I am really looking forward to it! I see that you are also into construction and working on a hotel in Kigali, which hotel is it? I am going to be starting on the new Marriott hotel and then there are some further projects in the pipeline.

Nice to see that you managed to get a lekker dualsport bike that, unfortunately not going to take my bike with me (Honda XR400R this side) but might look at getting something once we are there and settled as we are looking at going for a minimum of 2 to 3 years. How long have you been there?

Will give you a shout once we are there, always nice to meet people that have been there for a while and already know the ropes.

Cheers

How's it Louw,

Nice to hear that, do give me a tinkle when you are here, Marriott....... I am busy with the Park Inn by Radisson, not the Radisson it self, close to the Marriott,  did Billy interview You?

I had 18 SA expats saturday at my house for Rugby and braai, it will be nice to get together  :3some:

Cheers
Honda Mini Trail 50 cc; Honda CB 125, Suzuki RM 100; Yamaha RD 50: Kwasaki KDX 175; Yamaha XT 500, BMW F650 GS; BMW R1150 GSA

Offline Fingers

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 11:03:18 am »
I have heard on the radio yesterday that there is some tention between SA and Ruwanda ??? This was because we deported a couple of Ruwandean guys and now they threaten to kick South Africans out of the Country. You guys got any news on that yet? Hope it is not true and cause any challanges to you okes up there. I also faced rather challanging situation a few years back in Ethiopia when our locals started to destroy the Ethiopian shops and houses in SA

6 of the embassy here left country on Saturday, only the ambassador is left, hope this does not have a ripple effect, I have acquired some land here  ???

Offline Fingers

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 11:08:19 am »
I was in Rwanda in 2005 on a demining contract for the UN near the DRCongo border. We actually worked from the Congo. We discovered a mass grave with 44 bodies....not nice, must say yes it is piecefull now but I was there when we had to run for our lives. The rebel groups are still around

Rwanda is clean and peaceful, in the DRC there are some tension still, but otherwise here is the best place to be. The history is a rather sad one though leaving the young generation family less.

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 11:09:46 am »

6 of the embassy here left country on Saturday, only the ambassador is left, hope this does not have a ripple effect, I have acquired some land here  ???

It does not sound good, they are accusing SA Gov of safe guarding criminals.....seems like a heated debate and I really hope this will not affect your guys! I have been in quite a couple of 'tense' sutiations myself through the years due to 'politic'

Hope all will work out to be fine

Offline Dusty Rusty

• Sparkle
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • SSS!
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 07:33:33 pm »
Hope that nothing turns nasty.

I must say, I'm drooling over your DR 650 Dakar!
Never underestimate the power of kindness!

http://doutrapper.wordpress.com/

Offline Fingers

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 08:30:52 pm »
Hope that nothing turns nasty.

I must say, I'm drooling over your DR 650 Dakar!

Yes we all hope for the best.

It's my first time to ride a DR and must say it is light to handle, the central point of balance is quite close to the tank for me, just something i need to adjust too. It needs some TLC,  think I need to replace the CDI box as it cuts out on high revs, otherwise she's perfect for here.  :ricky:

Offline babuja

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
Re:
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2014, 05:07:14 pm »
Hi guys,  I'm planning a rounded trip throw Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Ruanda, Burundi  and need some help.  Still at initial planning and wondering were can I rent a moto for this trip? And what would be the best option? Cheers all

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk