Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Problems with the new LC  (Read 121189 times)

Offline Obi -Wan

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Re: Problems with the new LC
« Reply #140 on: August 19, 2013, 07:55:37 am »
Thank You,

I will differ from your opinion.
Real Men ride a Pig !

Offline Slaaiblaar

« Reply #141 on: August 19, 2013, 08:00:41 am »
The LC is a K@k BIKE, it use expensive oil, everytime I ride it the headshake is so bad and that crappy gearbox and clutch.....
I'm one of those BMW owners with with no brains and I'm an idiot maybe that why I like it.

I never get it, If you have R175000 to spend on a bike why will you bitch about oil and service costs...........Oohh....sorry its the people that don't have the R175000 to spend on a bike that is bitching WTF!! :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

When I get on my 1200GS Lc today I will hate every second of it

@ Goose ...you moan just like all the pomps on the UKgser site.....how many guys are actually moaning compared to bikes sold?

Gooi your best, I'm to dof (Lc owner) to understand in any case.

Offline fredda

« Reply #142 on: August 19, 2013, 08:17:44 am »
Lol Slaaiblaar! :spitcoffee:

Yes you are right, R175k is steep. If one can afford the bike, services and insurance cost, them good for them.  ;)

As much as I like the new LC so far, I will be the one to admit it that the overall cost of ownership will be a bit too much for me for where I am in my life right now.

Luckily there is the previous model, which more than capable.

BTW, oil is the one thing I never skip on. So regardless of what bike I ride, the oil change is close to the cost of the new LC anyway. I do it more often than recommended and use premium full synthetic oil on all my vehicles. 
Current bike: 2011 BMW R1200R

Offline BikerJan

• Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
« Reply #143 on: August 19, 2013, 09:06:23 am »
You make a valid point by telling all of us to "Shut Up". :thumleft: I just cannot help myself from really feeling for the guys that do own these bikes & are sort of forced to "ride out this TERRIBLE Wave"

Not a nice experience @ all. :patch:

I ride an LC.... I love the LC!!

Most of the people bitching and moaning about the bike don't even own one??? WTF???

This is so interesting to me as well. I really do not care what the opinions are of people which do not own a LC. I am interested in the problems EXPERIENCED by people who OWN LC models, for example GSing.

If you do not own a LC, stop moaning and bitching about problems you have heard off, and go and play somewhere else! Maybe start your own threat headed " Kak praat oor bikes wat ons graag sou wou besit as ons kon"

Offline Goose

• NAPIER Country life is great!
  • Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #144 on: August 19, 2013, 09:13:59 am »
You make a valid point by telling all of us to "Shut Up". :thumleft: I just cannot help myself from really feeling for the guys that do own these bikes & are sort of forced to "ride out this TERRIBLE Wave"

Most of the people bitching and moaning about the bike don't even own one??? WTF???

This is so interesting to me as well. I really do not care what the opinions are of people which do not own a LC. I am interested in the problems EXPERIENCED by people who OWN LC models, for example GSing.

If you do not own a LC, stop moaning and bitching about problems you have heard off
, and go and play somewhere else! Maybe start your own threat headed " Kak praat oor bikes wat ons graag sou wou besit as ons kon"

Listen boet - how can you chirp this...? 

Yes I don't own a LC - but I've just sold my DOHC GSA and in the market for a replacement bike and have a serious invested interest in the moans and groans of others - it's called market research mate............ and is totally relevant info that will be used in my decision whether I buy another DOHC or invest in a new model that might have serious problems...

The more people that sit up and discuss the issues - existing and potential LC owners - the more BMW would have to listen and hopefully sort the problems to prevent market-share loss.... does this not make sense....?
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•¿•)›

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #145 on: August 19, 2013, 09:22:15 am »
It only makes sense if people talk and discuss their own experience. The endless discussions based on hearsay and some things which might be a problem is getting to me.

Please talk to as much people owning a LC before you make your decision, I did as well, but stop to quote information from persons on the www and treat it as absolute gospel.

When GSing post about problems HE experience with HIS bike, I am al ears, because that is real problems, not some hogwash from journo's trying to get some publicity out of brand bashing

Offline Karlito

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2013, 09:50:43 am »
Guys there is a very easy solution to this problem.

Just get an 1190 Adventure and have some change left over to buy new gear.  :laughing4:
Lekker man, lekker!
Previous bikes: 800GS, KLR650

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2013, 09:58:27 am »

Just get an 1190 Adventure and have some change left over to buy new gear.  :laughing4:

listen here - we might be having a few disagreements between us BM boys........... maar jy gaan nou net kark soek as jy hier tussenin sulke moles wil maak......   :lamer:

:imaposer:
"Life is a Waste of Time..... Time is a Waste of Life........ Get Wasted all the Time and have the Time of your Life"  ‹(•¿•)›

Offline bikegeklap

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • R1200 GS TE
« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2013, 10:03:47 am »
Luister ek is nou nie snaaks nie maar die hele ding het begin met 'n ou wat helfte van 'n storie gepos het...

BMW het geen probleem om die fiets reg te maak nie... as hulle probleme het sal hulle jou laat weet en op hoogte hou.. dis net een kant! aan die ander kant van die geveg is hulle ook besig om verandering in te bring...

ek het laas week gepos...

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=131343.0

One Life Live It!!
Bikes:    BMW R1200GS TE (Current)
             Triumph Sprint 1050 ST ,BMW R1200 GS Adventure,
             Kawasaki Versys 650 ,Aprilia Pegaso 650 ,Honda XL125

Offline HermanH

• Bike: Italjet (all models)
« Reply #149 on: August 19, 2013, 10:17:06 am »

If you do not own a LC, stop moaning and bitching about problems you have heard off
, and go and play somewhere else! Maybe start your own threat headed " Kak praat oor bikes wat ons graag sou wou besit as ons kon"

Listen boet - how can you chirp this...? 

Yes I don't own a LC - but I've just sold my DOHC GSA and in the market for a replacement bike and have a serious invested interest in the moans and groans of others - it's called market research mate............ and is totally relevant info that will be used in my decision whether I buy another DOHC or invest in a new model that might have serious problems...

The more people that sit up and discuss the issues - existing and potential LC owners - the more BMW would have to listen and hopefully sort the problems to prevent market-share loss.... does this not make sense....?

Yes it makes sense, I agree with market research, also as you say, speak to existing and potential owners  :thumleft: :thumleft:. I for one have no problem telling anyone about the problems I have experienced, the fixes I may have applied and the results of such!

I am just tired of the assholes that keep chirping and it's more related to brand-bashing than anything else!

I just echo what BikerJan said!!!!

It only makes sense if people talk and discuss their own experience. The endless discussions based on hearsay and some things which might be a problem is getting to me.

Please talk to as much people owning a LC before you make your decision, I did as well, but stop to quote information from persons on the www and treat it as absolute gospel.

When GSing post about problems HE experience with HIS bike, I am al ears, because that is real problems, not some hogwash from journo's trying to get some publicity out of brand bashing

Offline BennNevis

« Reply #150 on: August 19, 2013, 10:33:34 am »

listen here - we might be having a few disagreements between us BM boys........... maar jy gaan nou net kark soek as jy hier tussenin sulke moles wil maak......   :lamer:

Goose,

With your previous extensive experience on pinking of boxer motors, you will be pleased to know that that problem has gone away with the LC.
The problems experienced are niggles and are being sorted by dealers and BMW

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2013, 10:43:18 am »

Goose,

With your previous extensive experience on pinking of boxer motors, you will be pleased to know that that problem has gone away with the LC.
The problems experienced are niggles and are being sorted by dealers and BMW

:laughing4:  I know - the mapping was changed!  funny thing is that we were witness to a sales pitch being used where the potential LC client was told that the new LC engine "does not ping like the previous models" - nogal raised the eyebrow especially as there were so many denials that there was ever a problem before...  :patch:

:thumleft:

Offline lecap

« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2013, 06:53:37 pm »
I really don't get it:

The topic of this thread reads:

PROBLEMS with the new LC.
Which means it's about problems of the new bike ne?

If you want to start a club of BMW R1200GSLC riders here on the forum feel free to ask the forum owners if you can have your own little corner accessible only for those who paid their R 179,000 entry fee. (Please attach proof of payment).
Then you will be able to pontificate about the German Über - engineering of the R1200GSLC amongst yourselves and all your fellow club members will agree that the bike is the best thing since invention of the wheel.
No one will be allowed to object.
And more importantly 2SD will never be allowed to piss into your boots again. A woman will become pope and hell will freeze over before 2SD buys a BMW :lol8:

In the meantime we can carry on discussing the R1200GSLC here on this thread - which at no time was restricted to owners of the bikes.
Without you and your BMW Gestapo telling us we are mere shit stirrers.
And without you treating other forum members like children who need your guidance and can't decide for themselves what's justified criticism or a valid question and what's brand bashing.

And we even allow people who own or rode a R1200GSLC to participate, we're not afraid of what they have to say.
As long as they don't say we must shut up!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:55:06 pm by lecap »
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)

Offline Davew

« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2013, 09:43:10 pm »

[/quote]

+1  :ricky: :thumleft:

Online Bundu

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2013, 09:49:18 pm »
I really don't get it:

If you want to start a club of BMW R1200GSLC riders here on the forum feel free to ask the forum owners if you can have your own little corner accessible only for those who paid their R 179,000 entry fee. (Please attach proof of payment).
Then you will be able to pontificate about the German Über - engineering of the R1200GSLC amongst yourselves and all your fellow club members will agree that the bike is the best thing since invention of the wheel.
And more importantly 2SD will never be allowed to piss into your boots again. A woman will become pope and hell will freeze over before 2SD buys a BMW :lol8:

In the meantime we can carry on discussing the R1200GSLC here on this thread - which at no time was restricted to owners of the bikes.
And without you treating other forum members like children who need your guidance and can't decide for themselves what's justified criticism or a valid question and what's brand bashing.

And we even allow people who own or rode a R1200GSLC to participate, we're not afraid of what they have to say.

yes, yes, we know....but it hurts  ;) ;D

Offline Obi -Wan

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2013, 07:58:39 am »
I now have a new rule when I look at a thread - Join Date !  When I see wisdom being dispensed by somebody who joined this forum in June 2013 I tend not too take them too seriously.

And let's be honest, not many ( with the exception of GSing)  who forked out the money for an LC is going to criticise or question  the decision they made.

My own view is that BMW could not produce more power - remember that a 2006 1200 s produced in the order of 130 hp ( More than the new liquid cooled) - and still meet the Euro 4 emissions requirements . The older bikes can easily make the power - they cannot meet the new emissions requirements!

So BMW liquid cools the heads , greater thermal stability, allows a leaner burn combustion chamber and the bike passes Euro 4 requirements. I would be interested to know what Air Fuel ratio's the new LC is running.

Real Men ride a Pig !

Offline BikerJan

« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2013, 08:40:41 am »
I really don't get it:

Sooo, this is all about hearsay and brand bashing then, and not discussing real problems, but perceived ones. In that case I am outa here!

Offline Goose

• Shop Mods
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #157 on: August 20, 2013, 08:50:35 am »
I now have a new rule when I look at a thread - Join Date !  When I see wisdom being dispensed by somebody who joined this forum in June 2013 I tend not too take them too seriously.

And let's be honest, not many ( with the exception of GSing)  who forked out the money for an LC is going to criticise or question  the decision they made.

My own view is that BMW could not produce more power - remember that a 2006 1200 s produced in the order of 130 hp ( More than the new liquid cooled) - and still meet the Euro 4 emissions requirements . The older bikes can easily make the power - they cannot meet the new emissions requirements!

So BMW liquid cools the heads , greater thermal stability, allows a leaner burn combustion chamber and the bike passes Euro 4 requirements. I would be interested to know what Air Fuel ratio's the new LC is running.

Bliksem - that's when Germany still made the real boxer engines...!

When we did the Dyno testing in 2009/10, I seem to remember that only Heimer's bike (I think it was his) produced over 105hp (perhaps 108) - all the other bikes were seriaasly stuffed with ranges between 87 & 96hp - I even remember Jacko's HP2 only pumped out something like 78hp (he freaked) but it turned out to be a TPS issue  :biggrin:

I know that the one DOHC that we had there - was around 17:1 AF on the Dyno - but Julian agreed it was the setup and valve flap on the zorst that was involved and with more settings and testing - came down to around 14.7:1 AF

As you said - would be very very interesting to see what the LC does....

Offline bikegeklap

• R1200 GS TE
« Reply #158 on: August 20, 2013, 08:56:01 am »

Not sure what part you did not understand ???
Would you like me to translate?

I agree with you "view" and you are right with regards to BHP and old engines.. BMW needed to take the engine to a new level that would allow them to get past that 130BHP. Hence the water-cooled.

For your information I had a GSA and my LC is on order....

One Life Live It!!
Bikes:    BMW R1200GS TE (Current)
             Triumph Sprint 1050 ST ,BMW R1200 GS Adventure,
             Kawasaki Versys 650 ,Aprilia Pegaso 650 ,Honda XL125

Offline monkeyboy

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #159 on: August 20, 2013, 09:27:19 am »

Bliksem - that's when Germany still made the real boxer engines...!

When we did the Dyno testing in 2009/10, I seem to remember that only Heimer's bike (I think it was his) produced over 105hp (perhaps 108) - all the other bikes were seriaasly stuffed with ranges between 87 & 96hp - I even remember Jacko's HP2 only pumped out something like 78hp (he freaked) but it turned out to be a TPS issue  :biggrin:

Wait, whut? When was this? and what was the subsequent reading? I need answers!
"Wait, we need a plan of attack!"
"I have a plan. Attack."