9 Passes in 9 Hours...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeff Cowboy

Living the American Dream
WD Supporter
Reaction score
On 28 Dec me and Generaal set off on another adventure. This time we were planning on riding 9 passes in one day and do so by riding as much gravel as possible. Well we did it but it took 9 long hours in the saddle to complete. One of my longest rides to date but one of the best.

We set off at 08:00 and came across this little water crossing. It was very deep so we decided not to cross. Disappointed we turned around and headed towards Montagu pass along the tar roads.

Little water crossing.

1.jpg

Montagu pass

2.jpg

Amandaâ??s grave. Nice view. We met some cyclists at the top. Hmmm interesting.

3.jpg

Nice views

4.jpg

5.jpg

Trusty steeds

6.jpg

7.jpg

Down Montagu pass

8.jpg

9.jpg

The beginning of the 7 passes between George and Knysna

10.jpg

11.jpg

The photo says it all

12.jpg

13.jpg

A General store along the way LoL

14.jpg

Prince Alfreds pass supposed to be closed. I really donâ??t know why. Doing Prince Aflreds pass was one of those times I really wished I had a GPS. We guessed it should be 35 km long it ended up to be 84 km long and you cross 4 mountains to get to Avontuur. Well it was a huge adventure. Iâ??ll recommend taking a full day just for Prince Alfredâ??s pass.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Watch out for tourists and locals traveling on Prince Alfredâ??s, the road is good for high speed in some places and the people drive like idiots.

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

A really tired and hungry me.

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Trusty steeds

29.jpg

30.jpg

We arrived back in Oudtshoorn at 16:55 just in time to stop at Midas for some oil for the KLR.

Nice ride.