The most hardcore......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ama ride ride

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Dear friends

I think its time
To let go off our beers
stand up and bow our heads
for a few minutes
and salute the real hardcoreâ??s
among us.

Our PILLIONS

Last week I rode pillion for about 40 km and this is a short write up on my experience

I struggled getting on Plotties 990. Dem the pillion seat is higher then the pilotâ??s. Finally like a snail on steroids I squeezed into the tight spot reserved for me. Between Plotties bulky frame and the bikes tail pack. And a dead battery resting on my lap.

Where do I hold on? The pic Camojo took of me pillion on Leoâ??s bike (badplaas jol) sprang to mindâ?¦.but I was fairly pissed then. Not now. Jeez will the man think I am a pansy for holding him around the waist.

The 990 starts with a low growl and my ass pick up the vibrations from the aftermarket pipes a few cm below me. Then Plottie pulls away with a u-turn and through the tall grass on the other side of Billbobâ??s house. â??Farkit, slow down mate, maybe there are a ditch hidden in the tall grassâ?

Plottie did not hear me and accelerate slowly down the dark road with streetlamps only throwing a light here and there. I look forward and its just pitch black in front of me. Duh, Iâ??m looking straight onto Plotâ??s black helmet. Better that way, so if a runaway truck decides to flatten us I will not know it.

I start to relax a wee bit as we hit the off ramp to the freeway. Oh farkâ?¦.it just sprang to my mind that cars love to side wipe us bikers. So I decided that if we go down I will go down fighting. I spend the next 35km eyeing the cars on the left and right, ready to kick any door or mirror that venture too close to us moer toe with my steel capped boots.

We made it to my home safely and as the 990 growl died down I struggled getting off again. Wait a minuteâ?¦whatâ??s wrong with my bums? They seem to be numb.

I salute you, our brave pillions.

;) ;)