Service

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony W

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
I think we have all been a victim of what we classify as bad service, myself included.
I bumped into a mate as I was entering an accessory dealer, his advice was not to go in because there was no service, he had been in for a few minutes and no one had helped him. I ignored his advice and went inside, there were 3 staff and they were all busy with customers, I waited and was helped as soon as someone was available, that is not bad service, but according to my mate this dealership was disgusting and not to be recommended , he publicly slated them on a forum.
Unfair, most certainly very unfair to the dealer, I am certain it is not very often that that particular dealer had more than 3 customers in their accessory division at once.
This is just an example of what I classify as unfair treatment, I am sure that there are also very valid complaints as well.

Now think about this, before you put finger to keyboard.
Have you discussed the problem with the dealer or the party involved.
Are they aware that you are unhappy or that there is a problem.
If not why not contact them, it might just be the 1st time that they are made aware of something, that way he doesn't have to read about it on a forum and get hacked off, that now makes 2 or more upset people and the problem has not yet been resolved.
Human nature will also ensure that it will be more difficult to resolve because both parties are upset.
But that simple call or visit might have made all the difference between the parties involved.
I have been on both sides of the equation and have realised that direct communication is generally the best way to solve problems, not always but most of the time.