SCAM Alert: He wants your money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
At the beginning of the week I bought a pair of used Assault boots off my mate T, which is easy enough, we live in the same town, I drop by, pay cash, collect boots, have a beer, speak masipa for a while, stunned by the fact that we have known each other since 1977 and being alive still.

Back home I test-fit, and one of the straps snaps in a place where I suspect it got some heat, and is now brittle. No problem, I investigate options and FJ3D printing in Vereeniging is prepared to draw and print me one by sort of the middle of next week. In the meantime T also explores options and come across a guy on FB, let's call him DL, who "has a pair of the same boots, and I can have the straps".
Me: "Great, what do you want for them?
DL: "Make me an offer.
Me: "R50 a strap.
DL: "Done, do you want all four?
Me: "Yes, send me a photo and see the screenshot below for my closest Courier Guy kiosk.
DL: "No photo sorry, they're on the boots still.
Me: "But surely you can still take a photo.
DL: "Which bank are you with? Gooi me a cash send on my phone number.
Me: "No. Bank details please? And a photo. There are many many different designs on the market.

Then the swear words start to come in at a rate of knots. And the threats . . He is busy with me on FB and and and WTF ever.
I try to phone him, call blocked, I try to Whatsapp call him, call declined. More swear words, short ones, four letters max, a mix of Afrikaans and English.
So I check Facebook, lo and behold, two different profiles, with corresponding profile pics in certain places and get this: two other guys who have been sworn at for not responding quick enough with cash sends for Ford Territory and Jeep parts.

The saddest part is that this dwis is so desperate for R260. (The R60 was going to be for Pudo, or NOT.)

Afterwards I realise: buy from THIS forum (or other relevant forums) only, we are sitting here in a virtual bar, if I don't pay you, you call me out, if you don't send my stuff, I call you out. Which has NEVER been necessary. I have bought gear, parts, socks, books, CD's and whatever from this forum without the slightest hiccup. I've had people send me stuff before they have their geld, but I pay them, because I want to. That's how it works. Yes?

Dankie, have a sterling weekend. Dont suip too much and stay regop.