Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Buff's wife tackles her first Swartland 200 - RR  (Read 3101 times)

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
Re: Buff's wife tackles her first Swartland 200 - RR
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 07:06:54 pm »
Nice to see the TT-R put to good use  :thumleft:

CAT here: hogging Buff's forum. Maybe I should get a profile.

I'm loving the TTR, even had her on the main MX Track. She might get a sister soon just for Zone 7 though.

But I don't think I'll ever part with her, she's been very good to me

Want to get my daughter into this, will PM Buff will put the girls in contact with you.

Offline Buff

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 07:09:13 pm »
Cat here. Buff's wife.

Thanks for the positive response. :biggrin:

MissM, I know you'll love it. If you can take that beast of yours into Atlantis, I think you can take it anywhere.   :ricky:

To my stalker Marshall.

It's not that I didn't want the help, I just didn't want more people to have any ammunition against me like Buff did. Plenty recorded GoPro footage of   "How not to do it" :imaposer:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Buff

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2014, 07:19:27 pm »

I'm loving the TTR, even had her on the main MX Track. She might get a sister soon just for Zone 7 though.

Want to get my daughter into this, will PM Buff will put the girls in contact with you.

I was actually looking for your wife and daughter for a ladies intro and training get together that we had at Zone 7. I have a ladies mailing group and Wattsapp group to inform of upcoming events and training sessions. If they interested, PM Buff and he can give you my contact details. I am seriously motivated to grow ladies interest in all genre of riding.
There's so few of us, it's hard to get a support base.
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2014, 07:23:59 pm »

I was actually looking for your wife and daughter for a ladies intro and training get together that we had at Zone 7. I have a ladies mailing group and Wattsapp group to inform of upcoming events and training sessions. If they interested, PM Buff and he can give you my contact details. I am seriously motivated to grow ladies interest in all genre of riding.
There's so few of us, it's hard to get a support base.

We saw that but had already committed to a weekend away at Koringberg (awesome riding there) but will be great if they can get involved, PM on the way.

Offline MissM

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 07:48:59 am »
Cat here. Buff's wife.

Thanks for the positive response. :biggrin:

MissM, I know you'll love it. If you can take that beast of yours into Atlantis, I think you can take it anywhere.   :ricky:

To my stalker Marshall.

It's not that I didn't want the help, I just didn't want more people to have any ammunition against me like Buff did. Plenty recorded GoPro footage of   "How not to do it" :imaposer:

Bwahaha you should see what we ride with ROV Rat, too. But it is more the other plastics for me. I'd prefer to be on similar footing to everyone else!

I am really game to come to another one of your events, though, and take one of them for a spin!

I'll PM Buff :)
“Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.”

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 09:04:45 am »

You must....you are a fully fledged rider after all  :thumleft:

I still remember Brett and Ian coming out to Montagu about three years ago, to help with the marshalling of the juniors, on their KDX's.

The morning started out with them being slightly apprehensive about going out on the National track, but within half an hour they enjoyed it so much, they were marshal ling everything in sight. If it moved, there was a green KDX not far behind  ;D

They came through the pits about 30 times that day.

Apologies for the 7/11...

A circular from the WCOC/WCJOC riders rep:

We have introduced 3 new classes in the bikes.....

LADIES INTRODUCTION BIKE CLASS: All beginner and inexperienced ladies (16 and older) who feel completely out of their depth while riding the main bike race may move over to compete on the junior track in the afternoon for 1.5hrs. There will be roving marshalls on hand to help. If your partner wishes to assist as a marshall they will need to sign in at documentation – no problem.

JUNIOR LADIES CLASS. This is a support class with certificate awards to acknowledge any girls who enter any Junior Class

For what it is worth, the Junior track is the ideal learning ground, in terms of technical difficulty it is not necessarily much easier, the water crossings will be a bit shallower etc, but the rest - sand, ascents, descents are all there, but over a shorter distance that slows the top speed down.

With the shorter distance you are guaranteed a roving marshal to your aid very quickly, so there is no reason why you can not do it on your own without being pressurized by a hubby on your tail all the time.

As we all know, practice is about repetition, and the shorter distance will give you more laps, more opportunity to practice those pesky obstacles, making you a better all round rider.

Looking forward to ladies of all ages to join us, I'll put up some pics of the junior track after the weekend.

Well done Mrs Buff  :ricky:

My Ride  :ricky:  Angola   Namibia  Northern Cape  Kids

Offline Garfield

• Deleted Users
  • Race Dog
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 09:22:56 am »

You must....you are a fully fledged rider after all  :thumleft:

I still remember Brett and Ian coming out to Montagu about three years ago, to help with the marshalling of the juniors, on their KDX's.

The morning started out with them being slightly apprehensive about going out on the National track, but within half an hour they enjoyed it so much, they were marshal ling everything in sight. If it moved, there was a green KDX not far behind  ;D

They came through the pits about 30 times that day.

Apologies for the 7/11...

A circular from the WCOC/WCJOC riders rep:

We have introduced 3 new classes in the bikes.....

LADIES INTRODUCTION BIKE CLASS: All beginner and inexperienced ladies (16 and older) who feel completely out of their depth while riding the main bike race may move over to compete on the junior track in the afternoon for 1.5hrs. There will be roving marshalls on hand to help. If your partner wishes to assist as a marshall they will need to sign in at documentation – no problem.

JUNIOR LADIES CLASS. This is a support class with certificate awards to acknowledge any girls who enter any Junior Class

For what it is worth, the Junior track is the ideal learning ground, in terms of technical difficulty it is not necessarily much easier, the water crossings will be a bit shallower etc, but the rest - sand, ascents, descents are all there, but over a shorter distance that slows the top speed down.

With the shorter distance you are guaranteed a roving marshal to your aid very quickly, so there is no reason why you can not do it on your own without being pressurized by a hubby on your tail all the time.

As we all know, practice is about repetition, and the shorter distance will give you more laps, more opportunity to practice those pesky obstacles, making you a better all round rider.

Looking forward to ladies of all ages to join us, I'll put up some pics of the junior track after the weekend.

Well done Mrs Buff  :ricky:

May I ask you to start a thread for this (unless there is one already) - then we can follow it there and you can post all the relevant information there.

As I said would love to get my daughter into this, and would not mins marshaling myself.

Cat, apologies for all this on your RR.

Offline adv

• <INSERT CUSTOM TITLE HERE>
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
Re:
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 11:33:34 pm »
Respek
XR650R
625SMC

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 11:39:43 pm »
Fantastic Stuff Cat!! Very well done!!! :hello2: :notworthy: :hello2:

Its so awesome that you are going to come back for more too. My wife rides but is way too scared of the sand monster at the moment. Im going to show her this thread.

Well done Buff, "anything for traction my darling!" :imaposer: :thumleft:

Cat: Please get a profile we would love to hear about your preparation and other stories too here in the racing section. It would be great for the other ladies as well. :deal:
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250