'92 Yamaha DT175 Tracker "Race" Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braap_Zeit

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husaberg (all models)
Okay so there's a bit of a story to this so I'll get it out of the way now.

For a long time my father has had an obsession with Yamaha's DT range, especially after his IT175 that apparently used to "smoke the other bikes" back in the day! SO, the collecting started, and the restoring didn't. One DT125LC we had was a quick fix-up, and my once-untainted 11 year-old soul learnt to ride on that bike - starting with a huge wheelie and a 3/4 donut-to-head-plant later. I've never unwillingly dropped a clutch in powerband again!

So somewhere along the line (about 7 years ago) he bought this SWEET sweet 1992 DT175 for a small R500. The plans were to restore it, and since my father wasn't stripping it, my dogs decided to do it. So electronics and a loom suddenly started coming into the house in pieces on a daily basis. Task No. 1 - Replace Electrics.

About 2 months back I decided that there is no more of this nonsense about bikes being neglected like this on the same ERF number as I live on, so I decided I will build a nice street-tracker out of it! Now, coming from riding MX and racing Supermotards I have grown a bit partial to the trick bits and parts so I'm going for a clean "race" setup.

Colour Schemes
Matt Black Engine/Casing
Gloss Black Frame/Wheels/Body
Gold Accents
Blue Silicone Hosing & Lines

Anyway, here's my canvas  :eek7:

Attachments

• IMG-20140206-03613.jpg
    IMG-20140206-03613.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 1,096