• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Testing the waters - 1984 Yamaha DT50

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fugly

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I bought this bike a few years ago as it was originally supposed to go to my brother-in-law over in Aus who restores old motorcycles:-

https://www.facebook.com/thehydroblastshop
It turned out that it was going to be too expensive and too much PT to try and get it there so I have sat with it ever since.

Piston and rings replaced by the previous owner at Yamaha in 2014 at 45 408km. It has done only 107km since then and has been in my Wendy house for several years. I do fire it up regularly.

I was thinking of holding onto it myself and doing what I can to get it back into great condition but I do not have any space and no garage and thus nothing has happened. It has papers, two keys and the original owner manual but it needs TLC and someone who loves projects. It is on my name but was never taken for roadworthy as it needed some work beforehand. The license is paid and up to date.

Parts may be scarce but the easiest way to get lots of spares is to simply buy one with no papers and take what you need then sell the rest.
It does struggle a bit to start when cold and I suspect that is simply a fuel issue as when warm it starts no problem. It does tend to cut out when ridden for a while and the revs drop too low when you come to a stop but starts again in a few mins. I do not believe that it is a heat seize but once again rather a fuel issue but I could be wrong. I have not ever tried to clean the petcock and filter to see if that could be the cause.

I am sure that my brother-in-law also set it to chew far too much 2 stroke when he came over for Xmas a few years back and I have not tried to rectify it so it does tend to splutter oil onto the number plate so I keep it clear of paving.

If anyone may really be interested, please PM me, all I would like is a fair offer and I will consider selling.

Attachments

• DT 50 (1).jpg
    DT 50 (1).jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DT 50 (2).jpg
    DT 50 (2).jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DT 50 (3).jpg
    DT 50 (3).jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DT 50 (4).jpg
    DT 50 (4).jpg