Which route please?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fun-24-7

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hello Dogs - I did it again! I want to take a nice ride down to Margate for next weekends gathering, but do not want to ride any tar, or then as little tar as possible. As usual I did not do any route planning beforehand, as I was sure I have seen a nice RR with very clear instructions on what route was followed. Of course, I do not get the RR now.
Can any dogs give me a nice route to take down to the coast with as little as possible tar involved? bear in mind that my GSA will be fully laden, also with a pillion....
I am more or less sorted for the first day - planning to leave Sasolburg on Tuesday morning-dirt to Frankfort, Cornelia, Vrede, Memel and then maybe via Verkykerskop down Normandien pass. We plan to stay over in harrismith for the first night, if we do not end up too far down in kwa Zulu Natal to come back, but I am very flexible - no bookings were made. From there on I am not too sure which roads are the best, and would follow any suggestions, as long as I will end up in Margate on Thursday night. Anybody with any suggestions?