Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: @ the idiot who knocked my mirror off  (Read 12166 times)

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Re: @ the idiot who knocked my mirror off
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2014, 11:51:59 am »
When do we get to make love ??? :d
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline ClemS

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2014, 11:52:07 am »
:laughing4:
Truly one of the more stupid post's I have read on this forum. ...Mod Deleted - Please no personal attacks

Subie jy soek nou vir moeilikheid met my . Ek is bly dat 'n Suidlander nie van my liberale posts hou nie , maar hierdie is 'n onnodige persoonlike aanval op my , en jy hijack die thread .  :deal:

Road Rage!!!!!!!

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 06:53:02 am by BlueBull2007 »
The brave do not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.

Offline JonW

• Hilton Hound
  • Global Moderator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2014, 11:52:19 am »
Truly one of the more stupid post's I have read on this forum.

Subie jy soek nou vir moeilikheid met my . Ek is bly dat 'n Suidlander nie van my liberale posts hou nie , maar hierdie is 'n onnodige persoonlike aanval op my , en jy hijack die thread .  :deal:

Rynet, don't let it bother you, we cant all be hippies and wanna make love or what war would they be trying to stop  :imaposer:

Rynet

Just laugh it off. When certain posters disagree with what you say it is actually a huge compliment.

Imagine how you would feel if they agreed with you  :ricky:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 06:53:24 am by BlueBull2007 »
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?

Offline plaky

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2014, 03:01:08 pm »
I have read most of what has been written here. As a daily bike commuter I believe that the opinion is different to our weekend riders as they do not need to navigate the peak hour traffic every day, not that this is an issue, just an observation. I am a fairly aggressive person and played competitive sport all my life, including at provincial level. This I believe has taught me that discretion is the better part of valor. I thank every driver every day on my way to work that I see tries to make way for me. There are times I get very pissed off with drivers that do not give a shit or just plain stupid, but I do not react other than shake my head or hoot to make sure they don't drive me over. The taxi drivers in Cape Town are awesome towards bikers as these dudes are very aware of what is around them, I too thank them as well and chat to them at the robots, they smaak that stukkend when this whitey biker makes conversation with them. There have been many great points made but unless we all educate one another about riding/driving on the roads together then this will never end. I am a realist and know that this will never happen so I manage each situation as it happens and hope that one day that when my life is really threatened that I react in a manner that will not get me into trouble! I am of the old school that did national service for two years and grew up that you never back down but this does not work today, don't come to a gun fight with a knife and this as we can see does happen. No reason to loose a life to an argument that will never be resolved as each party believe they are right. That is my philosophical comment for the month! Happy and safe riding.

Online roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2014, 03:45:17 pm »
If you get angry while riding your bike, you're doing it wrong.

Offline Brodes

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • Don't ride faster than your Guardian Angel can fly
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2014, 08:18:07 pm »
"I'll find this bastard" and "watch your back jackass"

So it's totally unacceptable for some body feel slighted and react in a moment of anger by damaging property, but it's somehow ok to threaten a person personally in a premeditated fashion for damaging your property.

Does anybody else see the inconsistency?
Hinc Orior
R1200R
R1200GS
DR650SE, DRZ400E, 300XC-W, CR230F, Montesa Cota 315 R

Offline Oilspill

« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »
My Son is the idiot who knocked my mirror off this evening reversing out of the drive.    He is on a learners and the wife was in the passenger seat next to them.  Busy hunting them down, so they had better watch their backs....think I might find them watching  TV in the lounge.  Just you wait until I find them, gonna grab him, poke him in the ribs,  mess up his hair and say  "No problem boet, life happens"  then go get the tools out, strip it down and go buy another mirror in the morning? 

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2014, 08:52:30 pm »

Strangely,   the most aware and courteous road users are the taxi drivers wrt motorcyclists see you ahead of time and often make space for you as you approach.

Saying thanks to courteous drivers goes a long way. If anything it makes the other road users more aware that there are motorcyclists that are grateful for getting through the traffic quicker.

I do not commute much but I have observed the same thing wrt Taxi Drivers.  In the cage however their arrogance drive me up mountains, except when I drive the Land Cruiser ..... Then they have respect.

I agree one must thank a driver if he moves out of the way for you.

Driving along the N2 a week ago, I said to my wife that what Garmin need to bring out is a GPS-like device that can warn you beforehand if another driver is going to thank you or not, so you can only allow polite people past. :thumleft:

Methinks you should'nt pull off to be thanked-- pull over because it's the right thing to do?

Well, it is actually frowned upon from a safety aspect, so I don't know about the right thing to do. It's just that we are supposed to thank people for little favours And ask please.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2014, 08:55:59 pm »
Truly one of the more stupid post's I have read on this forum.

Rynet, don't let it bother you, we cant all be hippies and wanna make love or what war would they be trying to stop  :imaposer:

Rynet

Just laugh it off. When certain posters disagree with what you say it is actually a huge compliment.

Imagine how you would feel if they agreed with you  :ricky:

You realise that what you state works both ways, don't you? You also did not notice the namecalling? Is Subie a Suidlander??
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 06:54:04 am by BlueBull2007 »

Offline Rynet

• Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2014, 06:49:33 am »

You realise that what you state works both ways, don't you? You also did not notice the namecalling? Is Subie a Suidlander??

Yes as far as I know he is  . I am stating the problem,  not name calling. Why did Subie bring R & P issues into a bike banter thread at all ? It's not relevant .

Offline punisher

• DILLIGAF
  • Grey hound
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2014, 07:44:57 am »
On my way to work this morning I counted 4 people going straight thru red traffic lights , 5 who made a lane change withouth indicating , countless doffies driving in the outside lane goin slower than the inside lane on the highway ( will never get that one) and guess what ....... They all had numberplates on !!!!!!   Lawless fukkkers
just wanna have fun , and ride ... and ....... ride

Offline Ou Krokkedil

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F700GS
  • Ride More, drink more BEER and stress less.
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2014, 08:01:12 am »
My Son is the idiot who knocked my mirror off this evening reversing out of the drive.    He is on a learners and the wife was in the passenger seat next to them.  Busy hunting them down, so they had better watch their backs....think I might find them watching  TV in the lounge.  Just you wait until I find them, gonna grab him, poke him in the ribs,  mess up his hair and say  "No problem boet, life happens"  then go get the tools out, strip it down and go buy another mirror in the morning? 

This is exxelent. love your thinking
I LOVE RIDING

Offline Maddoglips

• Pack Dog
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2014, 08:16:43 am »
Guys what is been said here is so funny, if all the "Do Gooders " are truly that good, next time a guy or kid, actually who ever breaks into your car and U catch him, are you gonna shake his hand and say oh, please don't do it again as you giving all the others out there a bad name and let him go?

It's so much like the schools and teenagers today, no consequinces for actions so why change, same with the traffic every 1 complains about, while there is no actions taken against the cagers who jump red lights and put hazards on and pull over on a freeway, to stop for their freinds ect, why would they stop? Thats what near every 1 has been saying on all the chats complaining ect..

I never said kill the guy for making a mistake, I said if deliberate, then yes I say kick his fucking ass, break his car and teach him that it's not acceptable.

Anyhow, each to their own and so be it. I'm not an aggresive guy, but if need be I can also be an ass.

Have a lovely day now gents and go hug your nearest criminal and tell him to behave as he is making it worse for the others  :pot:

Offline Sylvester

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2014, 08:55:57 am »
Guys what is been said here is so funny, if all the "Do Gooders " are truly that good, next time a guy or kid, actually who ever breaks into your car and U catch him, are you gonna shake his hand and say oh, please don't do it again as you giving all the others out there a bad name and let him go?

It's so much like the schools and teenagers today, no consequinces for actions so why change, same with the traffic every 1 complains about, while there is no actions taken against the cagers who jump red lights and put hazards on and pull over on a freeway, to stop for their freinds ect, why would they stop? Thats what near every 1 has been saying on all the chats complaining ect..

I never said kill the guy for making a mistake, I said if deliberate, then yes I say kick his fucking ass, break his car and teach him that it's not acceptable.

Anyhow, each to their own and so be it. I'm not an aggresive guy, but if need be I can also be an ass.

Have a lovely day now gents and go hug your nearest criminal and tell him to behave as he is making it worse for the others  :pot:

This is not what the guys (and girls) are saying.  In this situation, you are on equal foot with the guy and provided he does not point a gun in your face, you have a perfect opportunity to teach him any kind of lesson you think is appropriate. 

Trying to teach someone in a car a lesson while you're on a bike is however not so clever, and in that instance you have to let reason take over your emotion. 

I think you're in for a surprise if you think the guys on this forum are all kind and soft and pacifistic.

I consider myself a pessimist. I am therefore always right...eventually.

Offline Oilspill

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2014, 09:05:08 am »

No one is saying that we hug criminals.   I am trying to ask:

How does one know that it was an intentional  criminal act, maybe it was an accident

How does one know how the person felt ,   maybe they felt really crap but were wary how you would react,  on a bike one is vulnerable to the anger of a cage driver.

Just trying to say that we as drivers, motorcycle or cage, we need to be a little more understanding and less aggressive.

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2014, 09:33:27 am »
Like I said before - as long as we have that kind of thinking we'll never be respected.

Maddog - if you are saying that as an individual on a bike you can in an instant assess everything (including the intent) and then dish out the 'punishment' while still being justified, then you have to accept that other people can do that to you as well.

I don't know about you, but I KNOW I have aggravated guys in cars by something that I caused.
Either being it me powering out of a situation and then having to be creative to stay out of trouble, or sometimes by a honest mistake.
What if that guy that I just inadvertently pissed off decided that he needed to teach me on the bike a lesson ?
It have to go both ways.

Unfortunately also in this case it isn't an 'each to his own' situation.

You breaking a mirror on a car make me an asshole by association.
And I don't like assholes involving me in their assholery

« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:34:59 am by Eisbein »
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline Andre E

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • McDonalds Accommodation, Queenstown
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2014, 09:38:08 am »

Maddog - if you are saying that as an individual on a bike you can in an instant assess everything (including the intent) and then dish out the 'punishment'......

Judge Dredd coming for you...... :biggrin:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 09:39:35 am by Andre E »
Don't be kak, be lekker.
What is this life, if full of care,
we have no time to stand and stare.

Offline Howie-WP

« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2014, 09:40:32 am »

no consequinces for actions so why change, same with the traffic every 1 complains about, while there is no actions taken against the cagers who jump red lights and put hazards on and pull over on a freeway, to stop for their freinds ect, why would they stop? Thats what near every 1 has been saying on all the chats complaining ect..

It is not for you to decide what is right or wrong / do law enforcement. You are as bad as those breaking the law, as mentioned 2 wrongs don't make a right.

Online Pistol

• Shop Mods
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Henley on Klip
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2014, 09:43:50 am »
I counted that I did 22 "thank-you" gestures on my commute home yesterday - 60km - probably over did it a bit as I was counting - also did one flip of the bird and a stare as it was needed by an inconsiderate BMW driver who decided they were going to cross three lanes from right to left to take an off-ramp they had missed and "did not see me" - got a "I am sorry" gesture back, so moved on. Not sure what I would have done had he actually made contact with the bike as I was almost stationary when he passed in front of me - but I think I could also have "lost it a bit" - what I am trying to say is that I am a very "passive" biker, but the situation will dictate the outcome depending on circumstances - my 2c :thumleft:

Offline woody1

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • XT1200ZE "Vinnige" Witte
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2014, 09:56:21 am »
Reading this I realized that I am not the only NODDY in the pack.
I thank each and every cager that opens up that little bit to let me pass between them with a nod of the head.
If we don't thank them they will think.. WTF.... let's keep in the lane and let the biker wait.

I WOULD RATHER BE AN HONEST ASSHOLE .... THAN A FLIPPEN LIAR !   

Ducati 100cc Mountaineer, Honda 550 K3, Suzuki Gs1000E, Suzuki Gs1000G, Suzuki 1100 Katana, BMW R1100RT, BMW R1150RT,,,,,All gone. Only 2014 ST in the garage at the moment... And Honda XL 600