The closest far away land

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Namakwalander

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR250 Tornado
So an engineer, a teacher, a geologist, an HR officer and two metallurgists go to Namibia… but wait this is not joke, this is a ride report and before m0lt3n threatens to hurt me here goes.

The Friday before date of departure Martin decided we must go to Namibia as the Fish river Canyon is not too far away from Kathu. Initial numbers of people going along on the trip varied between four and eight and in the end it was the above mentioned six that went.

With only one week to plan I needed to get a temporary passport. After spending half a day at Home Affairs I almost gave up and cancelled the trip. I also had to organize the accommodation and eventually also did planning of the routes and attractions. On Martin’s side he had to repair a head unit on his GS and also had a look at the top box mountings. My Isuzu on the other hand was basically ready for duty and only required a ZA sticker and a wash.