A quick morning trip on my new bike

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sakkewasser

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Just a quick trip this moring on my new F800GS Adventure.

Started 7:30 am this morning at Aliwal North with perfect 11 degree weather (NO WIND ;D ;D ;D ;D ) heading on the tarmac towards Lady Grey. At Lady Grey it's an easy ride to find Joubert's Pass. Switching ABS of and setting Enduro mode (whilst driving, absolute joy) I klapped the pass.

Beautiful views and a nice ride on a road with a climb of 1:6 at start, all built by farmers a good 100 years ago. The handling of a bike that weighs 230kg on the gravel is plain speechless... The pass goes for a short 24km then you get the farm roads. Small stream crossings with names "Car sump breaker" etc had me smiling all the way,also alot of humps juuuuust right for an enduro bike (yes....i got air :lol8:  ) the farms roads go for about 30km then you hit the tarmac again about 40km on your way to Barkley East. I set my settings back to Road and Comfort( Personally prefer Sport mode but anyway) and head back to Aliwal North. At Aliwal I had breakfast at Riverside lodge, just next to the Orange river bridge, and headed home.

Good first trip with an awesome bike  :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 415
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 407
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 403