The three men my wife admires the most. 7 Gravel passes around Lesotho

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armpie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
So my heavy starts with his stories again. “Adventure!” he asks.  And my son in the Eastern Cape verlangs home so he phones me and say: “Ag please daddy won’t you take us down to Durban? All of us on the KLR.  We take along the heavy and the BeeEmWee.  When the trip is over you can go back home again. Forget about popcorn and chewing gum, peanuts and bubblegum.  Just bring a extra liter of Rotella oil.”  So how, tell me how can I refuse?  Family pressure darem!

So I said to them: “A long, long time ago, I can still remember how that KLR used to
make me smile.  And I knew that if I had my chance I could make you people ride
And maybe you'd be happy for a while”.  So we decided to do the trip around Lesotho.  Me and the heavy from Pritoria and my son  from the eastern Cape.  We would get each other at Sani.  And then the sports will start. 9 Passes on dirt road.
So a number of obstacles were in the way.  Ms. Tshabala at the Government service will have to give me heavy some leave, otherwise he has to take AWOL.  My son has to duc Eskom and powershedding otherwise his factory will not give him off.  So we sorted out the minor stuff, packed the bikes and in good old cowboy fashion set off in the late afternoon.

On the Wednesday we left Pretoria.  We shot through the R21, Benoni and Brakpan.  The only action we had was when we rode past the Carnival shopping centre and my KLR’s Airage backfired.  People were hitting the deck and a few shots were fired because everybody thought the shopping centre was robbed.  We did not hang around to find out.  By that time we were already in Villiers. At the One Stops next to the road at Harrismith there was no petrol. So we went to Harrismith were we had a burger at M&B and filled up.  Then we went back to a guest farm, Waaidam, about 20km out of town.  The farmer Willem was happy to entertain us and realy lus for casual engagement with his only guests.  So we went to bed after he offered me a beer. Nice man. Nice place.  Waaidam, Harrismith distrik, near Eeram Stasie.

Waaidam, Oranje Vrystaat

Off into  the sunset.  Just survived the defense of Carnival City.  Dragons Mountains of Longing. Riena Hughgo responsible for the music in the ear peace.