Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Looking for LC4 from 2003 up; Forks,front wheel and front complete brake system  (Read 712 times)

Offline Danakil

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
Hi Guys,
I would like to buy used LC4 Adventure or Enduro parts from 2003 onward.
I need exactly ; the forks, front wheel with axle and complete front brake system. All of this in fairly good condition ;D
I am probably very optimistic but maybe there is something somewhere...

Other option; I buy a complete bike for around R40000 or less (farm bike without paper) I keep what I need and sale the rest of the bike for parts.
Any one looking for other used parts in good working condition?
Any idea if I am going to struggle to sale the rest of the bike?
Please advises will be very welcome.

Offline Danakil

Just to be clear, I am talking about  640 LC4

Offline CliveG

Husqvarna Nuda 900, BMW R80 GS, BMW G650 X Country, 2016 Beta 300 X Trainer,
Ducati 900 Darmah SSD, Ducati 900 SS, Ducati 900 Darmah SD, Ducati 860, Norton 750 Commander, Triton 650, Suzuki T500, Yamaha RZ500 x 2, Yamaha RD350YPVS, Yamaha RD350 air cooled,  Yamaha RT360 x 2.

If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.
Frank Zappa

Offline Edgar

• The ultimate
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Hi, I would be very interested should you buy a LC4 640 for some of the parts, or even the rest of the bike if you want to sell it.

Offline Danakil

I have bought loads of forks on ebay.

here is one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-640-Adventure-2003-LC4-Front-Fork-Set-Straight-Forks-1418X728LS-1418X728RS-/321150083528?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ac60961c8&vxp=mtr

if you wanting to put on your BM, here a pair of KTM 1190 forks, with mounts for twin discs

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KTM-adventure-1190-LC8-2013-2014-forks-front-absorber-suspension-/181577785533?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a46e120bd&vxp=mtr

Thanks CliveG,
I am always worried about postage risk and hidden tax when ordering from oversea.
How do I work out the extra money that I will spend on tax? Maybe there no tax on used parts ???
what company would you use for shipping?

Offline CliveG

There no tax on most motorcycle parts.

what they charge you for is R30 handling fee, then they add, cost of part and shipping and charge VAT on that. Now and again, I been hit with a bit extra, but never complain, as there loads of times they never charged the right amount.

Stay away from Fedex or DHL shipping, they charge an arm and a leg, if from the USA, use USPS.

PROBLEM ..... right now, is this postal strike. I got 4 parcels waiting for more than 2 months.  If you have to get stuff now, use a courier.

Before this strike, I have never had any problems, with getting parts over. So, far have bought 7 pairs of forks, some complete with calipers, triple clamps.

don`t get put off by ... no shipping to South Africa ... email the seller and 90% of the time they get a shipping quote for you.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 11:12:39 am by CliveG »
Husqvarna Nuda 900, BMW R80 GS, BMW G650 X Country, 2016 Beta 300 X Trainer,
Ducati 900 Darmah SSD, Ducati 900 SS, Ducati 900 Darmah SD, Ducati 860, Norton 750 Commander, Triton 650, Suzuki T500, Yamaha RZ500 x 2, Yamaha RD350YPVS, Yamaha RD350 air cooled,  Yamaha RT360 x 2.

If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.
Frank Zappa

Offline EtienneKLR

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Hi Guys,
I would like to buy used LC4 Adventure or Enduro parts from 2003 onward.
I need exactly ; the forks, front wheel with axle and complete front brake system. All of this in fairly good condition ;D
I am probably very optimistic but maybe there is something somewhere...

Other option; I buy a complete bike for around R40000 or less (farm bike without paper) I keep what I need and sale the rest of the bike for parts.
Any one looking for other used parts in good working condition?
Any idea if I am going to struggle to sale the rest of the bike?
Please advises will be very welcome.

Easiest would be to try and get a front end off an enduro bike. Downside would be the size of the front disk being smaller than on the 640. You might be able to get something from the guys on www.moto101.co.za