• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2003 Yamaha XT600e - WITHDRAWN

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

Teelhond
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph 900 Scrambler
For future reference when I sell the bike this is the story. As usual I paid to much and did myself in. Not the sellers fault, but I should have paid attention and had a better look. Maintenance was way in arrears.

Out with my list for new-to-me- old-bike and everything was either out of spec, totally warn or did not work, eg no front brakes. Strip and fix.

1. Major service
2. Front and back wheel seals and bearings. The bearings were ok, but I just did them in any case.
3. Front tyre
4. Strip and overhaul front and back brake calipers
5. New brake pads front and back
6. Strip and overhaul forks. Replace seals
7. Chain and sprockets(supplied)
8. Fork boots
9. Front and rear brake discs (not fitted))
10. Steering head bearings
11. Timing chain
12. Carb intake manifolds rebuilt.
13. 24L Acerbis tank (swapped for original)
14. (New tank Shrouds.)
15. New bar end weight and throttle lock.
16. Suzuki SV1000 exhaust
17. Luggage plate
18. Tailbag.
19. Pannier racks
20. Hella plug
21. Cruiser pegs.
22. Foam filter conversion with pre-filter. Does the job well.
23. Mitas EO-7 rear tyre.

Rear suspension is good. Front was bad, although the springs were only slightly under spec. I did the valve spring insert and front is very nicely now.

All in that little exercise so far cost me around R22 000.00 to make the bike worth R26k and roughly putting me R24k over budget. :lol8: But that's just me and how I roll.

About 48 000km on the clock. Good condition and runs well.

1701968126738.jpeg

Last edited: